8X DVDs

Old December 10th 04, 09:36 PM
Carol and Allen Bredt

Default 8X DVDs

I have a 700XL that is 2 years old. It has a DVD-RAM/-R/CDRW drive that I
was told is LG GMA 4020B.

Some 8X DVD-R media spindles say that the 8X disks may damage older DVD
writers.
Should I not use these disks?

Thanks, Allen
--
C and A Bredt

Old December 10th 04, 10:30 PM
GMoneyLive

Allen,

They could screw them up a little not much. There is a little
difference on the new DVDR's. So if I am correct you probably have a 2X
DVDR. Try looking for some of those, if not I would try a 4x or 8x.
If I am correct, it has been 6 months since i sold at Gateway, these
were a high end unit so it should be ok. Personally I would try it,
think of it this way, what is the worse thing that is going to happen?
It breaks and you can go buy a dual format DVD burner for 80 bucks.

Ryan

DVD drive plays CD's, not DVD's Kevin Low General 3 October 27th 04 02:20 AM
Help with unreadable dvds Dave Cdr 1 August 10th 04 07:01 AM
compaq presario 6000 playing dvd's caseystengel Compaq Computers 2 August 5th 04 08:51 PM
Direct CD on DVDs - it kind of sucks [email protected] General 0 April 15th 04 11:05 AM
Geforce FX 5200 will not play my DVDs MEM Nvidia Videocards 0 August 8th 03 05:16 AM