What's the difference here?

Old January 21st 06, 02:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default What's the difference here?

I've recently purchased the Evga 7800GTX 256Mb w/ACS3 cooling, 24 pipes with
470 core and 600 (1200) memory. It's perfromance is amazing. I noticed that
the Evga 7800GTX KO w /ACS3 cooling looks to be the same card, same cooler,
same pipes, but with boosted core and memory...490core and 650 (1300)
memory. I've installed coolbits and currently clock my card at 476Mhz and
625 (1250).The card's temp is low..and runs.52C. Is this KO card the exact
same card as mine? Just clocked higher? I'm considering pushing the clocks
to the same as the KO card. What's the difference between the two....are the
KO cores specially selected for stability? It's in my new A64+ 4000+ system
clocked at 2.6ghz.

Old January 21st 06, 09:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Augustus wrote:
I've recently purchased the Evga 7800GTX 256Mb w/ACS3 cooling, 24 pipes with
470 core and 600 (1200) memory. It's perfromance is amazing. I noticed that
the Evga 7800GTX KO w /ACS3 cooling looks to be the same card, same cooler,
same pipes, but with boosted core and memory...490core and 650 (1300)
memory. I've installed coolbits and currently clock my card at 476Mhz and
625 (1250).The card's temp is low..and runs.52C. Is this KO card the exact
same card as mine? Just clocked higher? I'm considering pushing the clocks
to the same as the KO card. What's the difference between the two....are the
KO cores specially selected for stability? It's in my new A64+ 4000+ system
clocked at 2.6ghz.

You pretty much paid for the cooler and an overclocked card. That's it.
Asus has done the same thing in the past. A decent 7800GTX should
overclock the same with or without aftermarket hardware.