7200s Memory?

Old November 25th 04, 07:21 PM
Kathleen Anderson

Default 7200s Memory?

I have configured a Gateway 7200s and am about ready to purchase it; there's
only one thing holding me back. I can't find this model on the Crucial web
site to price memory upgrades. Does anyone here have this desktop? Does it
have another name or an alias that I'm not aware of?

Thanks,

--
~ Kathleen Anderson

Old November 25th 04, 08:06 PM
JE

Isn't that the new line of Gateways? Probably so new that they may not have
it online yet. Try MemoryX.com and drop a note to their support group.
They are very quick and good at answering any questions regarding memory.

Jack

. com...

Old November 25th 04, 08:39 PM
Kathleen Anderson

Jack:
I didn't know it was that new - I found an article dated Sept. 30 at
http://www.beststuff.com/article.php3?story_id=7267 about the launch. I
don't see it listed at memoryx or at Kingston either. I was trying to get a
general idea of the price and also to verify that the memory wasn't
proprietary - although I've never found that to be a problem with Gateway -
this would be my third purchase from them.

Thanks

--
~ Kathleen Anderson

Old November 26th 04, 03:06 AM
Edward J. Neth

It's just standard PC3200 DDR-DRAM. The systems now look to be
silver-case versions of the ones eMachines has been selling for a while.

Old December 4th 04, 05:47 PM
Kathleen Anderson

Thanks. I wrote to Crucial and they said this:
http://www.crucial.com/store/listmod...184-pin%20DIMM
is what I should buy, in pairs.

--
~ Kathleen Anderson