Graphic card for running three 22 inch monitors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 6th 17, 07:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Graphic card for running three 22 inch monitors

A user in our office has a Dell Optiplex 790 Mini Tower with two 22 inch
Dell monitors and wants an additional 22 inch Dell monitor.

We got a VisionTek Radeon 5450 SFF 1GB DDR3 3M (DVI-I, DP, VGA) graphic
card from another office, which had a spare graphic card, for another of
our users a while ago who needed a third monitor. That user mentioned
that he
saw some freezes, then a message that your graphic card recovered from a
serious error. The user does not lose any files/data but that message
scares him when his three monitors go blank for 2-3 seconds.
Two of the monitors are Dell 22 inch monitors and third one was a HP 22
inch monitor.
I checked his computer, he had the latest driver updates for Radeon
5450, firmware updates for his Optiplex 790. I also ran anti-virus,
malware scans and the computer was clean.

The user who needs an additional monitor now and the other user who got
the Radeon 5450 SFF 1GB DDR3 3M (DVI-I, DP, VGA) graphic card few months
ago have Dell Optiplex 790 Mini Tower.

Both users are typical office users who have Outlook, Excel, Word and
web browsers open most of the time.

1. Can getting a Gigabyte GV-N730D5-2GI (rev. 2.0) graphics card - GF GT
730 https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Ca...-2GI-rev-20#ov be a
better option to
avoid the freezes and other issues, the first user was facing who had
Radeon 5450 SFF 1GB DDR3 3M?

2. Or, would any other graphic card work better for such usage?

Any advice would be appreciated.