19'' TFT's

Old December 3rd 04, 01:31 AM
Grim

For £305+VAT I can get a 19in with 12ms, so why spend money on a 17in
for £60 less???

So can we have a link for that?
Thanks grim

Old December 3rd 04, 06:41 AM
Dr. Compynei

"Black Shuck" wrote in message
Time for Christmas bonus at work, so it's time to blow some of it, fancy a
19in TFT monitor to replace my aging 17in CRT. I upgraded the graphics
card last year to a decent FX5900 with DVI, so I need a 19in monitor that
had DVI (don't want to bother with VGA - DAC's are soo last year). Also
play games, so want fast refresh.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Your posting from the future

Old December 3rd 04, 07:20 AM
Black Shuck

On 03/12/2004 06:41 Dr. Compynei got up from the bar and shouted..:
"Black Shuck" wrote in message

Time for Christmas bonus at work, so it's time to blow some of it, fancy a
19in TFT monitor to replace my aging 17in CRT. I upgraded the graphics
card last year to a decent FX5900 with DVI, so I need a 19in monitor that
had DVI (don't want to bother with VGA - DAC's are soo last year). Also
play games, so want fast refresh.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Your posting from the future

Well spotted, I had to change my date forward a day form something, and
forgot to set it back.. doh!!

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."
Old December 3rd 04, 07:34 AM
Black Shuck

On 02/12/2004 23:35 _Jambers_ got up from the bar and shouted..:
Although you could just say feck it and buy this one...
http://www.lowestonweb.com/Products/DisplayInfoMain.asp?e=7DB79001-34EC-4F12-B3B5-A699A53D45BC
Free delivery.

I did say feck it, but ordered the 12ms version for an extra £10

http://www.lowestonweb.com/Products/...F-50A610E9DC02

Subject to them price matching Savastore who are £30 cheaper (but take
2-3 days for stock, which may mean they won't price match).

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."
Old December 3rd 04, 08:25 AM
Bosk

"Black Shuck" wrote in message
On 03/12/2004 06:41 Dr. Compynei got up from the bar and shouted..:
"Black Shuck" wrote in message

Time for Christmas bonus at work, so it's time to blow some of it, fancy
a 19in TFT monitor to replace my aging 17in CRT. I upgraded the graphics
card last year to a decent FX5900 with DVI, so I need a 19in monitor that
had DVI (don't want to bother with VGA - DAC's are soo last year). Also
play games, so want fast refresh.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Your posting from the future

Well spotted, I had to change my date forward a day form something, and
forgot to set it back.. doh!!

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."

Been looking for a good 19" tft to go with my new pc and have narrowed my
choice to the Viewsonic VX912 and this new one which should be out any day..
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...amo_2d019_2dhy

Old December 3rd 04, 08:27 AM
Bosk

This new one being the L90D+ by the way.

Old December 3rd 04, 09:59 AM
sks

"Black Shuck" wrote in message
Time for Christmas bonus at work, so it's time to blow some of it, fancy
a 19in TFT monitor to replace my aging 17in CRT. I upgraded the
graphics card last year to a decent FX5900 with DVI, so I need a 19in
monitor that had DVI (don't want to bother with VGA - DAC's are soo last
year). Also play games, so want fast refresh.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Get my eye on the 19in BenQ or the Viewsonic, both of which claim 12ms
response time. Anyone know of any others?

Get a 17" for now and spend the money on a 19" when you can get a 1600 x
1200 at a reasonable price.

Old December 3rd 04, 12:47 PM

In uk.comp.vendors sks devenmoretoremove.stopthespam.co.uk wrote:

"Black Shuck" wrote in message
Time for Christmas bonus at work, so it's time to blow some of it, fancy
a 19in TFT monitor to replace my aging 17in CRT. I upgraded the
graphics card last year to a decent FX5900 with DVI, so I need a 19in
monitor that had DVI (don't want to bother with VGA - DAC's are soo last
year). Also play games, so want fast refresh.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Get my eye on the 19in BenQ or the Viewsonic, both of which claim 12ms
response time. Anyone know of any others?

Get a 17" for now and spend the money on a 19" when you can get a 1600 x
1200 at a reasonable price.

There's an Acer 20" which does 1600x1200 and costs less than £500 at
the moment. (The AL2021M if I've got the number right)

--
Chris Green
Old December 3rd 04, 01:14 PM
sks

pam.co.uk wrote:

"Black Shuck" wrote in message
Time for Christmas bonus at work, so it's time to blow some of it,

fancy
a 19in TFT monitor to replace my aging 17in CRT. I upgraded the
graphics card last year to a decent FX5900 with DVI, so I need a 19in
monitor that had DVI (don't want to bother with VGA - DAC's are soo

last
year). Also play games, so want fast refresh.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Get my eye on the 19in BenQ or the Viewsonic, both of which claim 12ms
response time. Anyone know of any others?

Get a 17" for now and spend the money on a 19" when you can get a 1600 x
1200 at a reasonable price.

There's an Acer 20" which does 1600x1200 and costs less than £500 at
the moment. (The AL2021M if I've got the number right)

Is it you who posted in homebuilt about it ?

Once they get to around £350 I'll get one. I'm sticking with my 17 in the
meantime.