retek direct

Old December 29th 03, 04:44 PM
Jonathan Vaughan

Default retek direct

Hi.

Just wondered if anyone reading has used www.retekdirect.co.uk ?

Was thinking of buying some stuff from there.

Jon
Old December 29th 03, 04:59 PM
Aosmosis

Where did you get their name from?

"Jonathan Vaughan" wrote in
message ...

Old December 30th 03, 06:05 AM
Jerryp

ammed wrote in message
Jonathan Vaughan wrote:

Hi.

Just wondered if anyone reading has used
www.retekdirect.co.uk ?

Never heard of them, but having just visited their homepage I'd be wary
of using them when on it they claim

"RADEON 9700 PRO is the world's fastest and most advanced graphics
board"

That statement is about as up to date as a Trident video card. I realise
that they are in the business of marketing obsolete stuff, but I would
suggest that they shouldn't use claims made when the items were new
without pointing that fact out.

Regards

Ian

They trade mainly on Ebay as kilbridegolf

Old December 30th 03, 01:30 PM
Jonathan Vaughan

In article , Aosmosis wrote:
Where did you get their name from?

A hardware forum. Why do you ask?
Old December 30th 03, 01:32 PM
Jonathan Vaughan

In article ,
ammed wrote:
Jonathan Vaughan wrote:

Hi.

Just wondered if anyone reading has used
www.retekdirect.co.uk ?

Never heard of them, but having just visited their homepage I'd be wary
of using them when on it they claim

"RADEON 9700 PRO is the world's fastest and most advanced graphics
board"

That statement is about as up to date as a Trident video card. I realise
that they are in the business of marketing obsolete stuff, but I would
suggest that they shouldn't use claims made when the items were new
without pointing that fact out.

I agree, but just assume they haven't got round to updating the
description. And that was exactly what I was wanting to buy..

Jon
Old December 30th 03, 01:38 PM
Rob Morley

In article ,
"Jonathan Vaughan" lid
says...
Hi.

Just wondered if anyone reading has used
www.retekdirect.co.uk ?

I bought a graphics card from them, had a couple of problems but they
sorted it out quickly and efficiently - I'd use them again.
Old December 30th 03, 01:38 PM
Jonathan Vaughan

In article ,
Jerryp wrote:

ammed wrote in message
Jonathan Vaughan wrote:

Hi.

Just wondered if anyone reading has used
www.retekdirect.co.uk ?

[..]

They trade mainly on Ebay as kilbridegolf

Ta for the info. Seems the feedback is pretty posiitive

Jon
Old January 5th 04, 08:29 PM
Stewart Nunn

"Jonathan Vaughan" wrote in
message ...
Hi.

Just wondered if anyone reading has used www.retekdirect.co.uk ?

Was thinking of buying some stuff from there.

Jon

I bought some Socket 370 motherboards from them early last year, they were
very good and bent over backwards to get them to me when I missed their
first Citylink delivery. I'd use them again for definite.

Best Regards
Stewart Nunn
Technicom Data - www.technicomdata.com

Old January 5th 04, 10:38 PM
Nick Le Lievre

"Jonathan Vaughan" wrote in
message ...
In article ,
ammed wrote:
Jonathan Vaughan wrote:

Hi.

Just wondered if anyone reading has used
www.retekdirect.co.uk ?

Never heard of them, but having just visited their homepage I'd be wary
of using them when on it they claim

"RADEON 9700 PRO is the world's fastest and most advanced graphics
board"

That statement is about as up to date as a Trident video card. I realise
that they are in the business of marketing obsolete stuff, but I would
suggest that they shouldn't use claims made when the items were new
without pointing that fact out.

I agree, but just assume they haven't got round to updating the
description. And that was exactly what I was wanting to buy..

Jon

Heh I just bought a Radeon 9700 Pro off eBay USA from retek lol for $ 210
they ship internationally its the same company as the one based in
scotland - I just checked they`re website they are out of stock of the
Radeon 9700 Pro in the UK.

The USA devision is auctioning off a load of Radeon 9700 Pro on the US ebay
site atm with 1 other on BIN - I wish I`d seen the UK site before £ 124.99 +
£ 6.00 for City Link although City Link don`t deliver to UK Offshore - $ 210
is approx £ 120 + £ 20 Intl shipping I reckon.

Old January 5th 04, 11:13 PM
jeff davison

In article , Nick Le Lievre
writes
$ 210
is approx £ 120 + £ 20 Intl shipping I reckon.

Don't forget to add about 23% to 27% for import duty/Vat and courier
handling charge

Kind Regards,

Jeff Davison )