How to disable touchpad?

Old January 31st 04, 01:19 PM
EMonnie

Default How to disable touchpad?

Since I can get no help from HP/Compaq I will ask you experts. I have a Compaq
Armada 1750. I want to disable the onboard touchpad mouse and use a regular
mouse. I have the mouse attached now. The darn touchpad buttons are too
sensitive and a little bums does strange things like moving text, disconnecting
from internet and a few others that only a drunked sailor would talk about.
At one time Compaq told me there was a Soft-paq or download to temporally
disable the touchpad. Anyone know how or where to find this?
Thanks,
Ed
Old January 31st 04, 02:26 PM
Happy Canuck

Go to here and se if you can find a new driver:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/fi.../us/index.html

Bill

Old February 2nd 04, 12:25 PM
EMonnie

Got a download but all the areas to make changes to the touchpad are not
highlighted and I cannot make any changes. Going to go to Synaptics to try it.
as in other reply.
Thanks folks.