What's wrong with Simply Computers?

Old December 6th 04, 06:56 PM

Default What's wrong with Simply Computers?

Apparantly their credit card system is down and they have absolutely no idea
when they are going to dispatch orders... I'm unable to get through to a
customer support rep (presumably because of volume of calls regarding said
fault).

Anyone here had any news?

Thanks,

Mike

Old December 7th 04, 10:14 AM
Jim Howes

Liddle Feesh wrote:

Apparantly their credit card system is down and they have absolutely no idea
when they are going to dispatch orders... I'm unable to get through to a
customer support rep (presumably because of volume of calls regarding said
fault).

I would start worrying immediately if you do not get any sense out of
them real soon.

When our credit card system goes the way of the pear, we have the old
sales-voucher system to fall back on. We simply write the card number,
expiry data and customer name on the slip, call our bank for
authorisation manually, and run the sales slip through the old
card-slider machine.

If they are unable to do this, it may be because their credit card
facilities have been withdrawn by their bank. This is usually followed
by the entire company undergoing a quite spectacular total existence
failure.

It MAY be an innocent cockup, but backup systems do exist, and SHOULD be
being used. So tread very carefully.
Old December 7th 04, 01:18 PM
Rob S

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 10:14:12 +0000, Jim Howes
wrote:

-Liddle Feesh wrote:
-
- Apparantly their credit card system is down and they have absolutely no idea
- when they are going to dispatch orders... I'm unable to get through to a
- customer support rep (presumably because of volume of calls regarding said
- fault).
-
-I would start worrying immediately if you do not get any sense out of
-them real soon.

I got a delivery from Simply this very morning. YMMV.

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com
Old December 9th 04, 11:02 AM

wrote:

-Liddle Feesh wrote:
-
- Apparantly their credit card system is down and they have absolutely no
idea
- when they are going to dispatch orders... I'm unable to get through to
- customer support rep (presumably because of volume of calls regarding
said
- fault).
-
-I would start worrying immediately if you do not get any sense out of
-them real soon.

I got a delivery from Simply this very morning. YMMV.

Me too. One week late and it was used second hand goods.

Double bonus for Simply!

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*