Oh no! Did I loose my LCD?

Old March 3rd 05, 11:02 PM

Default Oh no! Did I loose my LCD?

Hello,

Recently I bought a new LCD screen to my laptop Soyo PW9800 to replace
an broken one. I just attached the new screen to the cables and turned
on the laptop to see if the screen was OK.
When I did this, it displayed a freaky image (some pixel lines on,
others not). I thought the cable that send the image signal to the LCD
was faulty, so I tryed to fold that cable and noticed I could get good
and clean image at certain positions. I know it is not a good thing,
but I had to do it with the laptop turned on. Then, when I was looking
for a position to definitively mount the LCD on the laptop the screen
suddenly stoped showing images. It is now just turning into a bright
yellow image on the cable positions that used to work just before.
Sometimes I can hear a very low buzz (noise) coming from the LCD when
displaying that yellow image.
I have not much experience with computer electronics, so I ask for
help. Could you tell me what may happened? Did I loose the LCD or the
problem is still just that cable?

Thank you very much,

Leonardo

(ps: sorry for my english: it's not my native language)