P4C800-E Delux and Matrox P650

Old July 31st 03, 04:44 AM
Tom Woodrow

Default P4C800-E Delux and Matrox P650

Ok group ... Thinking about using the P4C800-E Delux with a Matrox P650
dual head card (sw development, not gamer). The motherboard manual
specifically states "AGP 2 (8X) cards with 0.8V or 1.5V cards", but I
can't find anywhere in the Matrox literature that says it complies with
these voltage levels.

Are the Matrox voltage levels correct for the motherboard and if so, has
anyone tried it?

Thanks
Tom Woodrow
www.dacworks.com

Old July 31st 03, 11:55 AM
Paul

In article ig0Wa.23998$Ho3.4111@sccrnsc03, Tom Woodrow
wrote:

Ok group ... Thinking about using the P4C800-E Delux with a Matrox P650
dual head card (sw development, not gamer). The motherboard manual
specifically states "AGP 2 (8X) cards with 0.8V or 1.5V cards", but I
can't find anywhere in the Matrox literature that says it complies with
these voltage levels.

Are the Matrox voltage levels correct for the motherboard and if so, has
anyone tried it?

Thanks
Tom Woodrow
www.dacworks.com

I think the P4C800 is a 1.5V only motherboard. It should have a key in
the 1.5V only position. Since the Matrox supports 8X, it operates at
0.8 volts, and will at least be keyed to work with 1.5V motherboards.
Whether it also has the 3.3V key slot cut in it or not, won't affect
you (unless you are planning on sticking this card in an older
motherboard, which is 3.3V operation only - then you really need
an answer to this question).

Since info on the web is sparse (I couldn't find any reviews of the
card, so couldn't even find a detailed picture of the card), you
should visit the tech support forums at matrox.com . During normal
business hours, the tech support people will answer your forum
questions - their offices are in Dorval, Quebec, Canada.

Paul
Old July 31st 03, 11:23 PM
not me

I have the Matrox P750 on my P4C800-E. I did have to flash the BIOS
on the P750 and run a windows util to be able to view the motherboard
BIOS but after that the card does work well. The image quality is
awsome as expected.

See the notes about the BIOS at:
http://matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/bios/home2.cfm