Easy Note E6100

Old May 30th 07, 08:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
lewesian

Default Easy Note E6100

Hi
Does anyone know how to upgrade RAM on this machine? The hard drive is
readily accessible but I can't find a straightforward way of revealing
where the RAM is hidden.
Thanks in advance

lewesian

Old May 30th 07, 12:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector

"lewesian" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
Does anyone know how to upgrade RAM on this machine? The hard drive is
readily accessible but I can't find a straightforward way of revealing
where the RAM is hidden.
Thanks in advance

lewesian

I am going to assume like any other laptop the RAM door is located on the
bottom side of the unit marked "RAM" you may have one ram module or two.
Depending on the initial install. You would carefully open the door to the
ram and then check and see if there is a empty spot to add. If not you may
have to buy the upgraded memory chips (RAM) in pairs and remove the other
chip and carefully install same. Please note you have to open the ram module
via pressing the release knob on the side of the ram. then carefully pull
the ram up and out. Install is the placing of the ram module in the ram
rails and pressing the connectors down in the tracks and then carefully push
on the edges until you hear a click.

Don't force it, and your looking for a click sound and not a "CRACK" noise.
Be carefully or have a person who knows what they are doing to install for
you. Many computer shops will install for you if you purchase it there. But
it is really an easy thing to do.

I hope I helped?

Elector

Laptop Specs

Processor: AMD SempronT 2600+(Performance Benchmark)
Cache: 128k
Motherboard chipset: Via K8N800
RAM: 256MB DD
Hard Disk Drive: 40GB (Western Digital)
Optical Drive: DVD±RW Multidrive (NEC Dual layer DVD Re-writer)
Graphics: S3 Unichrome Pro IGP
Video memory: 64MB Shared
SoundChipset: Realtek ACL655
Modem: VT 82C686 56Kps data/fax (V.92)
Network Ethernet RJ45: Via Rhine IIR 10/100Mbps (VT6102)
USB Port: 4 x USB 2.0
TV-Out: S-Video
Pointing device: Synaptics Touch Pad
Keyboard: 90 Key Qwerty UK layout

ChassisFormat: Lynx
Size (width/depth/height) mm: 326x277x3607
Weight (kg): 3.0Kg
Colour: Silver/Black
Overall Looks: stunning and very sleek !

Old May 30th 07, 02:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
lewesian

On 30 May, 12:50, "Elector" wrote:
"lewesian" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for the reply but I'm afraid your assumption about the location
of the RAM is incorrect, there is no nice little RAM door. That's the
main reason I'm posting - I don't want to take the whole thing to bits
to find out where the RAM is hidden.

lewesian

Old June 1st 07, 02:41 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Poster 60

"lewesian" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
Does anyone know how to upgrade RAM on this machine? The hard drive is
readily accessible but I can't find a straightforward way of revealing
where the RAM is hidden.
Thanks in advance

lewesian

Go to Google and type easynote E6100 in the searchbox. There are plenty
of links on it.

Old June 1st 07, 01:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector

"Poster 60" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"lewesian" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
Does anyone know how to upgrade RAM on this machine? The hard drive is
readily accessible but I can't find a straightforward way of revealing
where the RAM is hidden.
Thanks in advance

lewesian

Go to Google and type easynote E6100 in the searchbox. There are plenty
of links on it.

(From the Packard Bell Web Site)
Remove the largest panel from the base (6 screws) to reveal memory slots.
Should be 2 and a 3rd slot for mini pci card.
I believe there are small clips holding it in place as well as the screws.

Elector