Need graphics card for old computer

Old May 6th 04, 05:33 PM
Jan

Default Need graphics card for old computer

My son has an old computer, a Compaq Presario 4716. We are going to upgrade
the memory and also need to upgrade for the games he plays. I have read that
many have problems with new cards with this particular model, or updating
old Compaq computers in general. Can someone point me in the right direction
on a graphics card?

Thanks much.

Old May 6th 04, 07:56 PM
HH

The 4716 only has PCI and IA slots, so an AGP video card will not work, only
PCI. I would suggest something like a basic ATI Radeon PCI video card. Try
he
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...roperty&DEPA=1
HH

Old May 6th 04, 11:04 PM
Jan

"HH" wrote in message
The 4716 only has PCI and IA slots, so an AGP video card will not work, only
PCI. I would suggest something like a basic ATI Radeon PCI video card. Try
he
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...roperty&DEPA=1
HH

Thank you very much, I appreciate the info.

Jan