More proof that Intel sucks

Old February 25th 04, 11:08 PM
Rick

The K6-2 was a superb CPU for it's time and price.

"JAD" wrote in message
ink.net...
no no no fisherman troll somewhere else.... AMD K62 sucked ass do all

AMD's suck because of those?

"Bill L" wrote in message

Well a celery is Intel and the AMD equivalent (Duron) is a better CPU so

why
shouldn't he say Intel sucks ... it does in this case?

BillL
"JAD" wrote in message
ink.net...
you buy a dell then a celery and then claim Intel sucks STFU

"Godzilla Pimp" wrote in message

hlink.net...
I have been building AMD's for a few yrs but made the mistake of

buying
Celeron 2.3GHZ 256MB Dell Latitude ($600 new). What a dog! Decoding

Naked
News at the maximum bitrate in WMP takes 100% of the processor.
A T-Bred 1700+ running @2000+ (1.67GHz) uses only 15%.

And it feels so slow, even after reformatting and installing WinXP

Pro.
It
feels about like a Duron 750 I have running at 933MHz....but slower.

Old February 26th 04, 12:21 AM
Stacey

BoB wrote:

Read a little up on intel chipsets(cpu's).
"Better quality chipset support"
in what way?

Better then dealing with Via. Now that there are other options, AMDs are
much easier to deal with.

--

Stacey
Old February 26th 04, 12:57 AM
Dave C.

"Godzilla Pimp" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I have been building AMD's for a few yrs but made the mistake of buying a
Celeron 2.3GHZ 256MB Dell Latitude ($600 new). What a dog! Decoding Naked
News at the maximum bitrate in WMP takes 100% of the processor.
A T-Bred 1700+ running @2000+ (1.67GHz) uses only 15%.

And it feels so slow, even after reformatting and installing WinXP Pro. It
feels about like a Duron 750 I have running at 933MHz....but slower.

I can't believe so many people fell for this. No way would someone smart
enough to build AMD systems purchase a Dell OR a Celeron . . . especially
not together!!! -Dave

Old February 26th 04, 01:03 AM
neopolaris

It certainly was. From there for me it was celeron ppga to celeron fcpga to
AMD end of story. I have always built on price/performance above all other
factors.

Old February 26th 04, 01:22 AM
BoB

"Dave C." wrote in message
s.com...

"Godzilla Pimp" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I have been building AMD's for a few yrs but made the mistake of buying

Celeron 2.3GHZ 256MB Dell Latitude ($600 new). What a dog! Decoding

Naked
News at the maximum bitrate in WMP takes 100% of the processor.
A T-Bred 1700+ running @2000+ (1.67GHz) uses only 15%.

And it feels so slow, even after reformatting and installing WinXP Pro.

It
feels about like a Duron 750 I have running at 933MHz....but slower.

I can't believe so many people fell for this. No way would someone smart
enough to build AMD systems purchase a Dell OR a Celeron . . . especially
not together!!! -Dave

Noone mentioned the lameness of laptops in general(unfortunately a necessary
design limitation), on another note I worked on an emachine celery 2.5GFhz
with 64megs intelextreme agp onboard, 256megs ddr system ram, after
removing 3 trojans, 75 spywares and coolwebsearch, and a ton of crap
freeware, I optimized the xp/home.
Nothing lame at all, I am sure it would dog down with the small L2, but at
2.5GHZ, it was snappy!

Old February 26th 04, 01:47 AM
Wayne Youngman

Hi,
silly name for a post. Clearly INTEL don't suck, but I understand your
reasons why you feel the need to prove it to the world. AMD vs INTEL is
such an old topic. . . .

INTEL= Nice + Better quality chipset support
AMD=Nice + slightly better value for MHz hunter

You need to get your hands on some good examples, don't judge a whole
product range because you had one bad apple (P4 Celeron lol!)
--
Wayne ][
Concepts, Theory, Learning Curves, and woman with big bOObs!

Old February 26th 04, 02:03 AM
BoB

Read a little up on intel chipsets(cpu's).
"Better quality chipset support"
in what way? Intel gutted the P4, it's all about ramping core frequency.
Putting out a L1 of 8KB is not what I would consider quality support.

Old February 26th 04, 02:29 AM
Wayne Youngman

"BoB" wrote
Read a little up on intel chipsets(cpu's).
"Better quality chipset support"
in what way? Intel gutted the P4, it's all about ramping core frequency.
Putting out a L1 of 8KB is not what I would consider quality support.

Hi,
The Intel® chipsets (i.e: motherboards) have a much better Dual-Channel
memory controller and a much better SATA-RAID-0 system (ICH5R).

CPU wise I like both AMD Athlons and Intel® Pentium® 4. It's a pity AMD
can't build a decent chipset for their own CPUs, but luckily for them nVidia
came along and gave birth to the nForce2.

So to reiterate, in No SHAPE or FORM do Intel® *suck* :P

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but mine is there *Both* good. .
..

Peace. . .

Old February 26th 04, 02:50 AM
Daniel P

I must disagree. I may have misunderstood you. Though not all laptops are
lame. try the alienware Area-51-M the extreme model is better then alot of
desktops.

PS:I know it has an Intel personally i don't have a big check book so i
prefer AMD

--
Duck Tape Is Alot Like Star Wars. It Has
Both A Dark Side And A Light Side.
"BoB" wrote in message

s.com...

Old February 26th 04, 03:14 AM
BoB

It's all about power consumption, heat disipation, size constraints, etc.

Alienware Magnesium Alloy Chassis
Intel Pentium® 4 @ 3.0GHz 800FSB
Hyperthreading Technology
User-Upgradeable Graphics
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 PRO 128MB
15.4"inch WideSXGA+ 1680x1050 LCD
60GB 7200rpm HDD with 8MB Cache
Infrared Remote control
24x CDRW / 8X DVD Combo Drive

over 2 grand, no thanks.
No hard drive space!
No room for extra drives(dvd-rom and dvdrw)
Laptops are always a year behind in the technology!

"Daniel P" wrote in message
I must disagree. I may have misunderstood you. Though not all laptops are
lame. try the alienware Area-51-M the extreme model is better then alot of
desktops.

PS:I know it has an Intel personally i don't have a big check book so i
prefer AMD

--
Duck Tape Is Alot Like Star Wars. It Has
Both A Dark Side And A Light Side.
"BoB" wrote in message

s.com...