would buy PIII 1ghz 100 fsb

Old November 23rd 05, 11:46 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

Default would buy PIII 1ghz 100 fsb

I know its outdated but for my second retro comp upgrade...

Old November 24th 05, 09:10 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

"Disident" wrote in message

I know its outdated but for my second retro comp upgrade...

yea, I know how you feel, BTDT. I upgraded a couple of celerons to full P3
running 133. The change from 66 or 100 to 133 is pretty good. But the most
bang for the buck (peso$) is a combo deal where you get an AMD "M" chip
with HSF and motherboard. Easily for under $100 USD a 2600 M (512k cache)
and loaded motherboard. I think you find that a P3 at 100mhz is going to
pull a bunch of power and you will need a power supply upgrade. The mobile
chip draw low power. I have got a couple of these
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...2600-N&cat=MBB and they
work pretty good. Dont have firewire but do have an AGP slot if you dont
want to use the builtin video. Newegg has them even cheaper.

Beemer Biker
http://ResearchRiders.org Ask about my 99'R1100RT
http://TipsForTheComputingImpaired.com