Problem with a new HP97 cartridge

Old April 11th 10, 09:30 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Dave C.[_4_]

Default Problem with a new HP97 cartridge

I just put in a brand new HP 97 color cartridge (dated 2009) in my
printer (HP Deskjet 6980 with Windows XP) and only the cyan nozzles
work. I ran a nozzle test, and it is evident that only the cyan color
is working.

I lightly blotted the cartridge on a moist paper towel and however,
all three colors are present.

I carefully cleaned the printer contacts, the cartridge contacts, cold
booted the computer and printer to no avail. I bought the cartridge a
few months ago and lost the receipt!

Unless there is a solution of sorts, or if I can figure out what to
do, I guess I am out a color cartridge.

The other question I have is could it be the printer itself? I hate to
spend another $35 just to find out. Makes me lose a little confidence
in HP as I have used HP printers for 5-8 years.

Thanks,

Dave C.
Old April 11th 10, 11:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Dave C.[_4_]

On Apr 11, 4:30*pm, "Dave C." wrote:
[...]

Just updated the drivers from HP and there is no change. The cyan is
the only color printing. For now, looks like I have a good B&W
printer for now.

Dave C.
Old April 25th 10, 05:14 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

"Dave C." wrote in message
On Apr 11, 4:30 pm, "Dave C." wrote:
I just put in a brand new HP 97 color cartridge (dated 2009) in my
printer (HP Deskjet 6980 with Windows XP) and only the cyan nozzles
work. I ran a nozzle test, and it is evident that only the cyan color
is working.

The date printed on the cartridge is the end of warranty date, 2 years from
the manufacture date. If the cartridge is too old and/or has been stored
improperly it may be missing one or more colors.

You may be able to recover the cartridge by putting it nozzles down in about
1" of very hot water for about 10 minutes. After that dry the contacts and
try printing again. Entire colors missing are not likely due to the
printer.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Problem filling an new HP97 cartridge Dave C.[_4_] Printers 6 March 22nd 10 02:23 AM
Toner Cartridge Problem gecko Printers 6 September 12th 08 01:33 PM
Canon ink cartridge problem Don Stauffer in Minnesota Printers 1 February 20th 07 09:44 AM
Problem with HP cartridge no. 344 JD Printers 4 April 22nd 05 03:10 AM
HP 970 Cartridge problem with solution Vlad Printers 5 July 29th 03 04:19 AM