How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............

Old April 16th 10, 07:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Billy Smitty

Default How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............

Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94
& HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short,
after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I
remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge,
but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.

Old April 17th 10, 05:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Richard Lane

Billy Smitty wrote:
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94
& HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short,
after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I
remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge,
but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.

Billy, try http://www.misterinkjet.com/hpreset.htm
Dick
Old April 18th 10, 01:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
fred stone

My printer uses HP94 & HP95 and has no color contacts but thanks for
the link.

Old April 18th 10, 06:18 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Adam[_4_]

Billy Smitty wrote:
Hello, I own a HP PSC 1610 All-in-One Printer-Scanner-Copier which uses HP94
& HP95. I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the
cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. In short,
after the process, the printer's ink level checker will show full. All I
remember is some tape, taped over one of the connections on the cartridge,
but that's all I can remember. Please help. TIA.

Did you try your favorite search engine first?

I found conflicting advice.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_rese...cartridge.html has
both the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods. Another site said
the 94/95 had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the
printer, so you can't reset the ink level, but can keep on printing
after refilling anyway.

Just yesterday I refilled an HP 21 cartridge (black) for the first
time, and the tape method worked for that, but as I said that may
not work for the 94/95.

Adam
Old April 25th 10, 04:57 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

"Adam" wrote in message

http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_rese...cartridge.html has both
the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods. Another site said the 94/95
had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the printer, so you can't
reset the ink level, but can keep on printing after refilling anyway.

The second site is correct. Once the 94/95 cartridges have been marked as
low they cannot be reset, but the printer will continue to print even with
the ink gauge reading "empty".

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old April 25th 10, 03:39 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Adam[_4_]

"Adam" wrote:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_rese...cartridge.html has
both the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods. Another site said
the 94/95 had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the printer,
so you can't reset the ink level, but can keep on printing after
refilling anyway.

The second site is correct. Once the 94/95 cartridges have been marked
as low they cannot be reset, but the printer will continue to print even
with the ink gauge reading "empty".

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Many thanks, Bob! On behalf of the OP and the other users, I'll
ask: When do HP 94/95 ink cartridges get marked "low" (e.g. 20% or
5% of ink remaining)? After refilling, is there any way to tell (or
even guess) in advance when the ink will actually run out?

Adam
--
Email: adam seven zero seven AT verizon DOT net
Old April 26th 10, 12:06 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
DJT

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:39:35 -0400, Adam wrote:

"Adam" wrote:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5187392_rese...cartridge.html has
both the tape and the cartridge-swapping methods. Another site said
the 94/95 had the ink level memory in the cartridge, not the printer,
so you can't reset the ink level, but can keep on printing after
refilling anyway.

The second site is correct. Once the 94/95 cartridges have been marked
as low they cannot be reset, but the printer will continue to print even
with the ink gauge reading "empty".

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Many thanks, Bob! On behalf of the OP and the other users, I'll
ask: When do HP 94/95 ink cartridges get marked "low" (e.g. 20% or
5% of ink remaining)? After refilling, is there any way to tell (or
even guess) in advance when the ink will actually run out?

Adam

The only way I know when the Cartridges are close to empty is by the
weight of the cartridges. I can tell if they are not close to full
when I pick them up. I refill them regularly and do't let them get
close to empty

DJT
Old April 28th 10, 03:10 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Headrick

"Adam" wrote in message

Many thanks, Bob! On behalf of the OP and the other users, I'll ask: When
do HP 94/95 ink cartridges get marked "low" (e.g. 20% or 5% of ink
remaining)? After refilling, is there any way to tell (or even guess) in
advance when the ink will actually run out?

The amount of ink remaining will depend on a number of factors, including
how old the cartrdiges are, what the storage conditions, etc, etc, etc. The
first warning will generally occur closer to the 20% early mark, by the
second warning about half the users will be out of ink. For cartridges
with foam based ink delivery systems (like the 94/95) the ink does not run
out sharply, the print degrades over a number of pages as the cartridges run
out. Watching for signs of print quality degradation is a signal the ink is
running out.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Ink level reset for HPF380 il barbi Printers 7 March 17th 07 05:04 PM
HP 5940 PRINTER INK LEVEL RESET jon_ r Printers 7 June 14th 06 06:50 AM
Ink Level Reset rusiu Printers 10 March 2nd 06 05:30 AM
How can I reset the ink level on printer properties? JSW Homebuilt PC's 3 November 23rd 03 02:32 PM
Epson C82 Stylus printer - Ink level indicator - True level or estimate? [email protected] Printers 4 August 1st 03 10:44 AM