Top 3 nerfs I recommend for World of Warships.

Old June 2nd 20, 07:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Top 3 nerfs I recommend for World of Warships.

1. Angle at which SAP shells of venetia/italian cruiser line do damage.
2. Radar ranges of Chapayev and Donskoi, maybe moskva too.
3. Manual fire mode to lob shells over islands without spotting.

Reasons/insight/ideas behind this:

1. Necessary otherwise destroyers will die out, no more fun to play destroyers.
2. Same reason, not fun getting radared at a whopping 12 km from a tier 8 radar ship, which basically surpresses 24 KM.
3. Cruisers seem a bit overpowered by hiding behind islands, main reason could very well be the inability to lob shells over islands effectively without a spot on the cruiser.

One last note of interest:

Combinations of radar ships, sap shell ships, smoke ships and such may have to be examined a bit closer, could lead to unfair/overpowered team setups. For now I am cool with this but might become an issue in near future

Also if no nerfs are implemented my prediction will be:

Destroyers will die out, people have started noticing this and then there will be reduced counter to submarines and thus people will start complaining about submarines and lack of counter play against it Though some cruiser have depth charges too, but they may be too slow to catch subs, however I have seen subs have had a speed nerf when under water in current public server.

Bye,
Skybuck.
Old June 2nd 20, 07:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Oh I forgot to write one more thing the radar ranges for cruiser t8,t9,t10 ships.

I would probably recommend 10 km for moskva, 9 km for donskoi, 8 km for chapayev.

This makes it somewhat easier to remember and brings it more in line with des moines.

10 km is already a lot of most destroyers to work with.

Even 8km seems a bit much seeing a salem t10 only has 7.5 km radar. But it's better then no nerf.

I might as well comment on the sap shells as well.

When destroyer is nose/bow in or aft into the sap shells, these should definetly to reduced damage... right now khaba's and other destroyers get hit hard from basically any angle.

Even battleship commanders started complaining about these sap shells doing 10k damage per shot, I did notice two venetia's working together recently in a battle in a division, it looked cool, they did loose and such, maybe cause of me dieing early, so maybe not yet too overpowered vs bbs and such, vs destroyers it is somewhat overpowered, also at lower tiers.

Perhaps increasing the dispersion of these sap shells could also fix the problem.

Another idea is to reduce the damage it does to destroyers or damage in general.

Perhaps angles are not computed on the server to reduce cpu-workload, so instead of an angle fix, other fixes maybe be possible as well.

I have barely played this line of cruiser, but it's mostly from taking these shells and observing it a little bit. I may change my mind in future, but for now seems very solid, this needs a fix. Kinda surprised it's not fix yet, because it's pretty glaring obvious.

Bye,
Skybuck.