Dell is just a ****ty, unethical, inefficient company

Old November 21st 03, 02:53 PM
PC Gladiator

Default Dell is just a ****ty, unethical, inefficient company

I guess your system was just part of the "just in time" manufacturing
scheme! No wonder Dell is posting profits. They probably posted it as a
refurb and over charged for it as well.

I strongly suggest you write to the Attorney Generals of Texas and your
state as well. Last time I looked theft was a crime.

"diddy" wrote in message
"Jolly Rogers" wrote in
:

They rip people off. The sell ****ty products that they don't backup
or support properly. They have rude, ****ty employees with attitude
problems, and I have finally learned my lesson about dealing with the
*******s.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM DELL, EVER AGAIN!

Same experience here!!
I bought a Dell laptop computer a year ago in September.
In May,this spring, it developed an apparent fan problem. I was never
entirely sure this was the problem, because Dell tech support has been

out-
sourced to Bombay India. I was dealing with technicians that apparently

did
not understand me well, nor did I understand them. At some point, I asked
for someone else who spoke English, and was transferred to a technician

who
spoke broken English equally as bad.

Arraignments were made to send the computer back for repair. They gave me

customer reference number and a number to contact Airborn Express in

Dayton
to pick up the computer after the shipping package arrived.

It was my own disorganized lifestyle that lost that shipping number.

Hoping
to find it, avoiding dealing with tech support, winding my way through the
maze of automated telephone keyed choices, and frustration in dealing with
non-english speaking people, I procrastinated calling tech support to ask
what to do next. I fervently hoped to find that number written hastily on

scratch piece of paper. I just found the telephone system frustrating, and
never felt that I understood, nor was understood by these people. Every
phone call resulted in a trail of tears, and it was a situation that I
avoided.

By September, it was apparent that this scrap piece of paper containing
that number was gone. So I called tech support, hoping for a new shipping
confirmation number to return and fix my computer. I was planning on using
the portability of this computer to assist my husband at work as a backup
computer station while they upgraded their systems. It became time to
breakdown and develop the courage to work my way through the Dell trail of
tears and try to get it fixed.

I was transferred to customer Care (which IS based in the United States,
and you get to work with people who speak English) and things went
seemingly smoothly. I was told that a return number would be e-mailed to
me, and it would be returned for repair.

The number arrived as promised. But the order was never processed, and I
waited for airborne express to come, and the scheduled appointment came

and
went, and once again, I contacted Dell to request shipment.

This again repeated sequence until finally on the third try, 10/14/03,
Airborne Express came and picked up my computer.

Current Status: Delivered.
Delivered on:10/21/03 8:00 am
Delivered to: Austin, TX
Receiver:
DELL BRAKER K Austin, TX 78700 United States
Signed for by: R PHELPS

After waiting for a month for fan replacement, I expected, being a simple
operation, it would be returned in an uneventful timely manner.

In mid October, hearing nothing from Dell, I called tech support, and once
again, traversed the trail of tears of the automated dialing system and
frustration of speaking with people in Bombay, India who did not speak
English, nor understand me, and presumed things that were not thoughts in
my experience.

This is a lesson why out sourcing is such a bad idea. If dealing in your
country, you should be entitled to speak with people who understand you. I
was told that I had my computer returned, and they would offer me a
devalued refund.
I did NOT want a refund, I wanted my computer! They stole my computer that
I'm still paying for, and still paying a three year warranty on for
repairs, and offered me payment for it at a loss to me. They said it was

my
wishes and something done by ME!. They were blaming ME for their inability
to communicate and assumptions. I had simply followed directions according
to their directions. I had always had the uncomfortable feeling that I was
not understood. If there was an error, I feel it was on their part. Caused
mostly because of language differences due to out sourced technical help

in
Bombay.

Ultimately I was transferred to Customer care, I related my tale of woe,
and they seemed understanding and promised to resolve the issue.

Apparently the computer was repaired and transferred ownership to someone
new, as the serial number now belongs to someone else.

They fixed my computer and resold it!
I have then contacted Dell nearly daily in the past month, and they

promise
to help, and then everything falls silent, and I never hear from them.

They DID give me a reference number 039599028.
There have been multiple emails and phone calls. And promises to return
calls at certain times, that I made sure I was present and waiting for,
that never came.

Emails, originally returned, no longer respond. Dell has suddenly gone
silent.

I have lost data that I wanted, been inconvenienced because I was planning
on using this computer in November, and it's been unavailable to me, and
now I'm worried that someone ELSE may be using my data on my computer that
was mine.

And yet Dell Computers do not respond. This is after a month of promises
that they would.

Now I hear nothing. And if they DID give me a refund, it would not buy a
computer, that I'm still paying for. And still paying warranty on.
Contact from Dell has been severed by them.

I am disabled, I do not have money for an attorney. If they are doing this
to others, people should be aware of this while they advertise during the
pre-Christmas season. This experience has been a nightmare.

Old November 21st 03, 03:03 PM
PC Gladiator

Beware... The "it's all your fault" crowd lives here as well. They deny
reality and hard numbers. Dell is the company that does no wrong, run by
people who can do no wrong and many of them dwell here.

They live in the Dell Matrix. Their existence hinges on their complete and
unswerving devotion to the Dell Matrix. You will see. Within minutes
serveral Agent Dells will swarm on your post and declare you an idiot and a
moron and say you got what you deserved and then tell you to leave.

I hear them coming....

"diddy" wrote in message
"Peter Connolly" wrote in
:

snip
They have some very rude *******s working at Dell
/snip

This, from a person who started a thread called " Dell is just a
****ty, unethical, inefficient company", and on more than one occasion
stated "f**k Dell".

Gosh, they must be *really* rude to out-do you.

---------------------------
Peter Connolly
UK

This has been my experience also. Their tech support is outsourced, so you
speak to non-english speaking people, leave with a feeling that you were
never understood, and for sure, never understood them.

They presume things, and when you try to correct them, they bottle cap you
so you can't correct their incorrect presumption.

If you request to speak to someone that you can understand, they get

huffy,
transfer you to someone who speaks english equally as bad.

And then when a screw up happens they blame YOU!

Customer care is a pleasure to deal with, but they do not have the power
apparently to correct the fubars of their non-english speaking
counterparts.
All for this, they ended up stealing my computer returned for a fan
replacement, and instead, sold it to someone ELSE.
I'm still paying for this computer, and it's 3 year warranty..

Dell no longer speaks with me.

Old November 21st 03, 04:44 PM
Ray Setzer

As well as the Atty Gen, file complaints with the BBB.

Keep detailed records of each time you have contacted Dell. Get a name, or
as best of an approximation of a name as you can. Detail when you call, time
you call, amount of time. Print copies of each email you send them. Get our
your documentation of the serial number and that it was registered to you.
Get documentation that this serial number is now registered to someone else.

Sue them in small claims court. This will cost you little. Sue for the cost
of the computer and the accumulated interested you have paid to them since
they took away your computer and resold it. The whole trick in small claims
court is to have a organized set of documents. Simply saying. "But I think
they are wrong" is pointless. If you lay down a folder filled with documents
that show you made more than a good faith effort to resolve the problem
though Dell channels and that Dell avoided resolution within a reasonable
time, and also lay down documents that show, in black and white that you are
rightfull owner of said computer, and then lay down documents that detail
that Dell has resold your property to someone else, without your written
authorization, you should get a quick decision in your favor.

Things to remember. You can only sue for actual costs. Cost of computer.
Interested paid from the period that they deprived you of your computer.
Costs of long distance phone calls, so on and so forth. In other orders,
things with provable numbers. You cannot sue for your time, and you cannot
ask for any pain and suffering losses.

It costs little to file a claim. There will be a filing cost, and then a
process serving cost. These costs should be well under $100 dollars in any
state. You don't need a lawyer. You also should be able to get a small
claims handbook of some sort from your local courthouse.

Get
"PC Gladiator" wrote in message
I guess your system was just part of the "just in time" manufacturing
scheme! No wonder Dell is posting profits. They probably posted it as a
refurb and over charged for it as well.

I strongly suggest you write to the Attorney Generals of Texas and your
state as well. Last time I looked theft was a crime.

"diddy" wrote in message
"Jolly Rogers" wrote in
:

Old November 22nd 03, 12:01 AM
Joan

Make sure all the correspondence you send - send it certified return
receipt requested. Also, send the same letter to Michael Dell,
indicating, carbon copy to; Your State Attorney General and the Texas
Attorney General include a copy to the BBS. Include copies of the
emails you sent and received.

I'm sure you will get action since, it was returned and they erroneously
resold it. I do purchase refurbished computers from Dell, and they come
clean with nothing in regard to the previous owner.

Joan

diddy wrote:
"PC Gladiator" wrote in
:

I guess your system was just part of the "just in time" manufacturing
scheme! No wonder Dell is posting profits. They probably posted it
as a refurb and over charged for it as well.

I strongly suggest you write to the Attorney Generals of Texas and
your state as well. Last time I looked theft was a crime.

GREAT suggestion And thanks!

"diddy" wrote in message

"Jolly Rogers" wrote in
t:

Old June 19th 04, 12:26 AM
Rivero

Another close minded Dell can do no wrong!
"Jupiter Jones" wrote in message
You clearly missed the point.
The OP did not give any facts, just meaningless trolling.

Your reference is also lacking.
Since it is geared for complaints, that is what is expected there.
Looking at a site such as that is like going to an automobile repair
shop and determining all automobiles are bad because all you see are
broke.
I place very little credibility in such sites for that and many other
reasons.
The one redeeming value of those sites is they let people let off
steam.

Lastly, perhaps the facts are there, what I saw was one sided stories.
Sure most are probably reasonably accurate but it is impossible to
point at a specific comment and know for a "FACT" that comment is
factual.
Thus your point is lost

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"David Nimon" wrote in message
news
Supporting facts?

Go he

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/computers.htm

Old June 19th 04, 12:29 AM
Irene

Or to your Better Business Bureau to look for possible negative reports on a
company that you are considering doing business with.

Old June 19th 04, 04:16 AM
Vince McGowan

Irene wrote:

Or to your Better Business Bureau to look for possible negative reports on a
company that you are considering doing business with.

Now this sounds like good advice.

Old June 19th 04, 04:58 AM
Jupiter Jones

At least the BBB has credibility.
These other sites have a credibility of about zero for reasons that
seem obvious.

Old June 19th 04, 05:57 AM
Jupiter Jones

Me close minded?
Really?
Based on one post?
And what does that make you?
Closed minded in the opposite direction as you accuse me?
That actually makes you what you mistakenly claim I am.

If this phrase "Dell is just a ****ty, unethical, inefficient company"
has worthwhile information for you?
Nothing but trolling.

I would consider facts from reliable sources, but the OP offers
nothing...apparently enough for you though.