Acer Aspire M3610 desktop with Win XP Home

Old March 15th 09, 09:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Lukas Mariman[_6_]

Default Acer Aspire M3610 desktop with Win XP Home

Hi,

Now almost a year ago I bought an Acer Aspire M3610 desktop PC that came
with Vista Home Premium preloaded, but on which I installed Windows XP Home
instead.

While it has generally been working pretty much OK, there is an issue that
has arisen a couple of times.

Namely: I have a few external USB HD drives that I tend to connect to one of
the 4 USB ports at the top of the Aspire case. While this works fine most of
the time, after some time I tend to get problems, with the USB drive not
seeming to work anymore, or worse, the whole system freezing up. (OTOH, a
USB stick will still work OK.)

This problems only tends to go away by reinstalling XP, and then it works
fine - for a while anyway.

I was wondering if any of you have any feedback that might help. All info is
greatly appreciated!

Old March 17th 09, 03:34 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Sheldon

"Lukas Mariman" wrote in message
[...]

I may or may not be correct on this, but some computers are designed to work
with Vista, which many of us don't like. It's really not that bad, and I
dare say reinstalling Vista might resolve your problems.

Old March 17th 09, 06:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Lukas Mariman[_6_]

"Sheldon" schreef in bericht

[...]

Thanks for responding!

My initial experience with Vista was mixed. I wanted to use it, but almost
immediately found that several apps and some of my favourite games wouldn't
work right - or wouldn't work at all. On top of that, HP never bothered
releasing Vista drivers for my existing printer & scanner. All this made me
somewhat reluctant to go Vista. :-/

But I'm afraid you may be right; maybe I should give Vista another chance
(and maybe save my sanity in the process)!

Old March 18th 09, 03:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Sheldon

[...]

I have 4 computers, and I hate Vista, too. However, my one computer that is
running Vista runs great and I wouldn't swap it out, assuming it will
probably cause more problems than it will solve. I think the problem with
operating systems that seem to be matched to certain computers is more
apparent with notebooks than desktop computers, what with the special
drivers and all. Fortunately my Acer came with XP.

Old March 18th 09, 09:16 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Sentinel[_2_]

On Mar 18, 4:06*am, "Sheldon" wrote:
[...]

drivers and all. *Fortunately my Acer came with XP.- Hide quoted text -

I see what you mean. Allright, I think I'll give Vista another chance.
It will probably save me some headaches. :-)