Can't print multiple copies

Old August 22nd 11, 01:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Can't print multiple copies

I am trying to print multiple copies of a file using Works 9.0,
Windows vista, and a Canon mf4200 laser printer.

I am aware that I need to check the collate box to print from Works. I
have tried it with the box checked and unchecked. My other printers
print multiple pages just fine. This laser printer is used, but new to
me. It prints single copies just fine, and it will do multiple copies
when I am scanning something.

If I have to, I can print one copy, and then have it scan and print
multiple copies. But I shouldn't have to do that. Any ideas why it
won't print multiple copies?

Old August 22nd 11, 02:34 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

I am trying to print multiple copies of a file using Works 9.0,
Windows vista, and a Canon mf4200 laser printer.

I am aware that I need to check the collate box to print from Works. I
have tried it with the box checked and unchecked. My other printers
print multiple pages just fine. This laser printer is used, but new to
me. It prints single copies just fine, and it will do multiple copies
when I am scanning something.

What other software and/or utilities have you tried to print multiple copies from ?

Have you tried; Wordpad, notepad, a browser like IE and Firefox ?

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old August 22nd 11, 03:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Aug 22, 6:34*am, "David H. Lipman"

I am trying to print multiple copies of a file using Works 9.0,
Windows vista, and a Canon mf4200 laser printer.

I am aware that I need to check the collate box to print from Works. I
have tried it with *the box checked and unchecked. My other printers
print multiple pages just fine. This laser printer is used, but new to
me. It prints single copies just fine, and it will do multiple copies
when I am scanning something.

What other software and/or utilities have you tried to print multiple copies from ?

Have you tried; Wordpad, notepad, a browser like IE and Firefox ?

Until now, nothing with this printer. It was given to me recently, and
my friend couldn't find the setup CD at first. I was able to scan and
make copies, but the setup file I downloaded didn't work. The setup CD
worked great, so I have only started printing with this printer a
couple weeks ago.

I just now asked it to print two copies of a page from Mozilla, and
that worked fine. Notepad worked fine too.

So, it has to be something with works and the printer. I know the
normal problem with Microsoft Works is that the box for collate must
be checked. But I have tried that already. I also tried unchecking it
and rechecking it. And leaving it unchecked. I tried doing a search,
but the only solution I could find was the collate box.

Thanks.

Old August 22nd 11, 05:03 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

[...]

Right - got it.

Now what you need to look at the version of the Canon driver for the Vista OS (32bit /
64bit) and see if there is a newer version.
Then see if the Canon supports a compatibility mode like a HP Laserjet and try using a
Laserjet driver and see how MS Works prints multi-pages with that.

Old August 23rd 11, 09:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Aug 22, 9:03*am, "David H. Lipman"

[...]

I went to Canon's website and downloaded the driver listed there. I
assume it is the same one I already had as it kept asking me if I
wanted to replace the current files.

I'm not sure how to check the compatibility issue.

Old August 24th 11, 03:48 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

I went to Canon's website and downloaded the driver listed there. I
assume it is the same one I already had as it kept asking me if I
wanted to replace the current files.

I'm not sure how to check the compatibility issue.

If it is an updated driver, for your OS, yes you do want to.

Old August 24th 11, 07:10 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Aug 23, 7:48*pm, "David H. Lipman"

I went to Canon's website and downloaded the driver listed there. I
assume it is the same one I already had as it kept asking me if I
wanted to replace the current files.

I'm not sure how to check the compatibility issue.

If it is an updated driver, for your OS, yes you do want to.

I clicked yes several times and installed it, but I think I was just
reinstalling the same driver that I already had. When i got the
printer a couple months ago, my friend did not have the CD, so I
downloaded a driver. At that time, my computer refused to recognize
the printer at all. When I got the CD from my friend later, I used the
full installation program, and now my computer recognizes it. I think
the problem is a setting within works since it can do multiple pages
in every other program. But I can't find any place to change an
appropriate setting in works.

Old August 24th 11, 11:58 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

[...]

Try LibreOffice 3.4.2
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/

Free office suite.