OT-- Selling my panasonic KXP-1124 printer

Old February 12th 06, 10:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default OT-- Selling my panasonic KXP-1124 printer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Old February 12th 06, 11:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

MB_ wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Best of luck, finding a buyer for a dot matrix printer! g

Notan
Old February 13th 06, 12:16 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Notan" wrote in message
MB_ wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Best of luck, finding a buyer for a dot matrix printer! g

Notan

I bought one a few months ago. Perfect for Priority Mail labels --- they
provide free formfed labels.

Old February 13th 06, 12:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Best of luck, finding a buyer for a dot matrix printer! g

We still use one daily in work, and I regret ditching mine (gave it
away for free) - I had a cracking little banner program that could do
something along the lines of wordart with balloons etc
Old February 13th 06, 01:08 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Go to any bank or other business and you won't see inkjet printers. Impact
printing is still the way, particularly with multipart forms. Hard to get an
inkjet or laser to print that!

Old February 13th 06, 01:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Notan wrote:

MB_ wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Best of luck, finding a buyer for a dot matrix printer! g

Based on other posts in this thread I stand (somewhat) corrected.

The first thing that came to mind was me in my office, at three in the morning,
with a dot matrix printer snapping away, and my wife coming in and shooting
the printer and/or me! g

Notan
Old February 13th 06, 12:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:35:56 -0700, Notan
wrote:

Notan wrote:

MB_ wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Best of luck, finding a buyer for a dot matrix printer! g

Based on other posts in this thread I stand (somewhat) corrected.

The first thing that came to mind was me in my office, at three in the morning,
with a dot matrix printer snapping away, and my wife coming in and shooting
the printer and/or me! g

Notan

Don't apologize too fast. I don't think anyone wants to buy it unless
it's for a small business. Where I live, I haven't seen any bank use
them. I do see smaller ma / pa stores use them like auto repair
shops. For most people they are either too noisy or too slow.

That said, I once had a kxp-1124 long time ago and it was a real nice
printer then... very reliable just noisy.
Old February 13th 06, 05:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

WELL, GUESS WHAT GUYS--- IT SOLD for the Buy it Now price.

How about that. I was really thinking of just dumping it (our local high
school didn't want it).

So, I guess there is still a need for it.

Heck, I still use my Epson 400 inkjet. That has been woking fabulously for a
VERY long time. It will probably break down now that I sold my "backup"
printer (but I also have a Canon Pixma that works great for photos and
decent for other stuff).

Mel

Old February 13th 06, 08:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:19:55 -0500, "MZB"
wrote:

WELL, GUESS WHAT GUYS--- IT SOLD for the Buy it Now price.

CONGRATS !

This news has made me think about the KX-P1124i that I have here. It
has sat for years on a shelf. My biggest concern would be how to
package it safely for transport. I suppose that $25.00us would cover
anywhere continental USA. Did you bring your 1124 to a packaging
store also? I don't think I have the original box now.

My 9 pin STAR dot matrix simply went to the curb.

Old February 13th 06, 10:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"MZB" wrote in :

WELL, GUESS WHAT GUYS--- IT SOLD for the Buy it Now price.

How about that. I was really thinking of just dumping it (our local
high school didn't want it).

So, I guess there is still a need for it.

Yes, there's still a market for dot matrix in the commercial world, but
only a select few. The Panasonic KXP1124, Okidata Microline 182/192
(serial) and Microline 320 and others of that family, and IBM 2380/81/90/91
"forms printer" seem to be in particularly high demand. Anything else, you
probably couldn't GIVE away.

There's a certain Point-of-Sale system that uses only Panasonic KXP1124s.
The check-in system at Holiday Inn hotels needs an IBM 23xx, although newer
ones are moving to laser. Blockbuster Video and National Car Rental were
also using these last time I looked.

And, I don't know who it is, but SOMEBODY out there apparently needs old
Okidata 182s and 192s that have been obsolete since the late '80s. Every
good clean working one that I've had has gone for at least $100 and
sometimes for more than new ones went for back in '89.

- FM -