MSI DVD Writers

Old July 8th 03, 10:02 AM
Chip

Default MSI DVD Writers

"Vince" wrote in message
There are 2 units I saw. I am interesrted in the 4X4 DVD+/-RW
REWRITER DUAL Drive. I think the model/part no. is 8404.

NE1 know anything about these drives? I cannot even find them on MSI
site. Our supplier has priced them but has 0 details!!!

I am particularly interesred to know who actually makes them for MSI?
And of course how good/bad they are? Any links to test of them will
be v. appreciated.

This seems a good competition(it's about time) for the Sony +/-
Writers unless there are others out too??

Can't be sure about the DVD drives but the CDRW ones are Optorite. (Sanyo
chipset)

Chip.

Old July 9th 03, 04:11 AM
Vince

Thanks, I still have no answer of anyone with any bit of info on them.
Perhaps they are not out yet. Fancy my supplier having prices for
them but no stock or info!!

I used a CD Drive from the same maker as the one making the current
MSI DVD Drive and they it just after a year. So I am not game to try
from MSI unless they are reliable.

Old July 10th 03, 01:02 AM
Vince

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:27:55 GMT, Mutley
wrote:

If your looking for a +/-- writer I would go for the Pioneer APO6 or
it's OEM version 106. Pioneer have a good track record with their
previous drives..

Thanks for yout view.

Trouble is these are more expensive. MSIs are 30-35% cheaper!! I
know Pioneer's reptable but but if the MSI is OK for cheaper why not?

Like in the Sony CDRWs... more expensive but same as the cheaper
LiteOns and also made by LiteOn.