Hp Laserjet 1020 Paper Curl

Old May 12th 07, 07:36 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tom Crooze

Default Hp Laserjet 1020 Paper Curl

I recently bought the 1020 to help offset the high colour of colour inkjet
printing. Very pleased!!
I have only 1 ' complaint ' . As the paper is ejected , I notice a crease in
the centre of the page , which remains when the paper is ejected.
You can see the paper as it comes out ' bubble' in the middle (
vertically ). It disappears after a while and isn't noticeable in the final
document , but I'd prefer it didn't do it , of course.
Before I bought it , I'd read a couple of reviews of Samsung lasers where
they mentioned a similar situation , that's why I bought the HP .
Any comments appreciate.
Thanks

Old May 12th 07, 09:58 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

"Tom Crooze" wrote:
I recently bought the 1020 to help offset the high colour of colour inkjet
printing. Very pleased!!
I have only 1 ' complaint ' . As the paper is ejected , I notice a crease in
the centre of the page , which remains when the paper is ejected.
You can see the paper as it comes out ' bubble' in the middle (
vertically ). It disappears after a while and isn't noticeable in the final
document , but I'd prefer it didn't do it , of course.
Before I bought it , I'd read a couple of reviews of Samsung lasers where
they mentioned a similar situation , that's why I bought the HP .
Any comments appreciate.
Thanks

The 1010 through 1022 series (about 6 models) all curl paper more than some
other laser printers. It is a question of degree, if the curl disappears after
a while then as you say it probably does not matter in the long run albeit
irritating. I am responding so that you know this is not unique to your
particular printer.
Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old May 12th 07, 10:20 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tom Crooze

"Tony" wrote in message
news
"Tom Crooze" wrote:
[...]

Thanks Tony...as I said , not a BIG deal , but at least I know it's not just
me !!

Old May 13th 07, 12:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Tom......
Probably no need for concern. I've had a 1020 for approx 6 months and
am well satisfied. I've noticed that thinner (cheaper) paper ejects
with a certain degree of wavyness which is not apparent with the better
grades of thicker paper.

I"ve assumed it's the interior operating temp of the 1020 which causes
this wavyness, whereas the heavier paper probably offers greater
resistance to the temp (?).

KDB.

HP Laserjet 1020 Tom Crooze Printers 2 April 28th 07 06:01 AM
HP Laserjet 1020 - standard USB cable? Eric Printers 7 August 27th 06 10:19 PM
HP Laserjet 1020 Printer [email protected] Printers 11 April 8th 06 02:00 PM
Paper curl Robert Feinman Printers 1 April 6th 06 03:14 PM
canon LBP210 - paper curl whitebeard Printers 0 July 30th 03 12:50 PM