Will this AGP card work with this motherboard?

Old May 21st 07, 08:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
KevinB

Default Will this AGP card work with this motherboard?

For you AGP experts out the
Will this card (GeForce 6800XT AGP)

work with this motherboard?

http://www.unitycorp.co.jp/support/d...p4b266_m_e.pdf

The motherboard has two settings in the bios under AGP, one is for 1x
and the other is 4x.

So the question is will this 4x/8x card work with the motherboard set
to 4x?

Also note that the motherboard will only support 1.5v AGP4x mode
graphic cards...

If not, (and I'm betting the answer is not) is there a good AGP 4x
1.5V graphics card that has DVI out? Could someone recommend a nice
affordable one, please?
Old May 21st 07, 11:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Amazing how much misinformation is out there... The 6800XT runs at 0.8V or
1.5V signaling. On the Asus P4B266 it will work at 4x speed with 1.5 V
signaling.

Note the particular Biostar card is out of stock at Newegg.

news

Old May 22nd 07, 12:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

KevinB wrote:
For you AGP experts out the
Will this card (GeForce 6800XT AGP)

work with this motherboard?

http://www.unitycorp.co.jp/support/d...p4b266_m_e.pdf

The motherboard has two settings in the bios under AGP, one is for 1x
and the other is 4x.

So the question is will this 4x/8x card work with the motherboard set
to 4x?

Also note that the motherboard will only support 1.5v AGP4x mode
graphic cards...

If not, (and I'm betting the answer is not) is there a good AGP 4x
1.5V graphics card that has DVI out? Could someone recommend a nice
affordable one, please?

[For AGP questions in the future, this page may help.]

http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpcompat/agp.html

Paul
Old May 22nd 07, 12:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tecknomage

On Mon, 21 May 2007 15:19:05 -0400, KevinB wrote:

For you AGP experts out the
Will this card (GeForce 6800XT AGP)

work with this motherboard?

http://www.unitycorp.co.jp/support/d...p4b266_m_e.pdf

The motherboard has two settings in the bios under AGP, one is for 1x
and the other is 4x.

So the question is will this 4x/8x card work with the motherboard set
to 4x?

Also note that the motherboard will only support 1.5v AGP4x mode
graphic cards...

If not, (and I'm betting the answer is not) is there a good AGP 4x
1.5V graphics card that has DVI out? Could someone recommend a nice
affordable one, please?

Just how old is this motherboard?

I ask because I haven't seen the 4x/8x AGP settings in years, more
than 10 years _if_ I remember correctly.

If your system is old, you _may_ need a heftier power supply. These
top-end video cards need more power and older power supplies barely
handle the demand. My system's old power supply could not maintain
+5vdc (+4.25vdc) with my GeForce 6600 installed. Got a better power
supply and now have a steady +5vdc.

--
==== Tecknomage ====
All technology which is sufficiently advanced becomes