Gforce 8800 GTX resolution issue

Old March 26th 07, 09:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Landiin

Default Gforce 8800 GTX resolution issue

I just build a new system for vista(I know) and all work but I can't
get a resolution higher then 1024x768.

System spec:

MB: EVGA NF68 (p26 bios)
CPU: Intel E6700
Ram: Adata 800 (2G 1Gx2)
Video: BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC
Monitor: 19" Starlogic LCD Analog connection

All drivers are current.

I'm thinking my issue is my monitor because when I installed
powerstrip it reported my display adapter as nVidia 8800 (1024x768).
And couldn't query info from the monitor so it's being reported as a
16".

I've tried a number of monitor drivers and even created one with
powerstip that should of allowed for higher then 1024x768 resolution
but had no success.

I've searched and searched and haven't found any information on my
issue. If there is any one out there with some insight and willing to
share/help out I would be greatfull.

Old March 27th 07, 12:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"Landiin" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just build a new system for vista(I know) and all work but I can't
get a resolution higher then 1024x768.

The issue is the "Starlogic" generic who knows who made it LCD monitor.
Starlogic is a repackager of other peoples product. You need to find out who
made the monitor and d/l appropriate drivers. Native for this monitor is
1280x1024. Did this thing come without a driver CD? There is no website for
d/l. Is there a model number or FCC reg number?

Old March 27th 07, 03:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Landiin

On Mar 26, 6:12 pm, "Augustus" wrote:

Did this thing come without a driver CD? There is no website for
d/l. Is there a model number or FCC reg number?

I got the monitor about 2 or 3 years ago and no it didn't come with a
driver cd/disk witch surprised me at the time.

Hmm Well I thought it was a 19" but when I went around and looked a
the data/info sticker it said 17" TFT LCD Monitor . *blushes*

Any way the model number is M17ANA and I'm guessing E233268 is/maybe
the FCC reg number, it was the only number over by the FCc UL logo
thingies.

Old March 27th 07, 03:47 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

Hmm Well I thought it was a 19" but when I went around and looked a
the data/info sticker it said 17" TFT LCD Monitor . *blushes*

Any way the model number is M17ANA and I'm guessing E233268 is/maybe
the FCC reg number, it was the only number over by the FCc UL logo
thingies.

This might help....but it's really a low end, dim, slow response LCD hooked
on to the what's world's best 3D video card. You can get a really good brand
name ultra fast and bright 19" very little coin these days. Your card really
deserves it.

http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=12261

Old March 27th 07, 05:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Landiin

Yea tell me about it. I guess I'll go get a new monitor. Like you say
the card deserves it. I'll tell that to my wife and see if it helps
lol.

Old March 27th 07, 06:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Landiin

BTW what are some monitors you would suggest? Wide or normal is ok
with me, but I guess being it's a total new build I should go
widescreen /shrug.

Old March 27th 07, 12:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Slap

"Landiin" wrote in message
oups.com...
BTW what are some monitors you would suggest? Wide or normal is ok
with me, but I guess being it's a total new build I should go
widescreen /shrug.

Yep... 30 inch or so. Widescreen, everywhere you look.

Old March 27th 07, 03:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"Landiin" wrote in message
oups.com...
BTW what are some monitors you would suggest? Wide or normal is ok
with me, but I guess being it's a total new build I should go
widescreen /shrug.

Depends on your personal preferences and desktop real estate. I've never
been a big fan of widescreen for the desktop, but that's just me. Samsung
225BW and 206BW are two good widescreens in 20 and 22 inch. I run a 19"
Samsung 940B on my 7800GTX. Just bought my wife an LG L1953T-BF and it's
excellent and cheap. When I bought my 940B 1 and a half years ago it was
$425 and one of the best around. It's still good but you can get the same
quality and speed for half the price now. I'm not a big Acer or BenQ fan.