MB Ideas for New Build?

Old November 29th 06, 05:15 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default MB Ideas for New Build?

I'm starting to look at building a new system. Want to get a Core 2
and a new motherboard. I have a Crossfire set up right now and would
like to keep it. I was wondering what you guys might think is the best
board currently available to use with an ATI. Thanks!

Old November 29th 06, 06:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Digi

I am always building base line PCs for my clients and Asus is by far
the best. ie: All other brands at this level offer either front OR
rear audio...you can't have both going a the same time. I feel that
this type of quality bleeds up into the higher performance boards. I
have yet to get one Asus board back and I have seen multiple Gigabyte
and othe rtop brands come in to me. I would go for an Asus with all
the functionality that you are looking for.
-Mike

Old November 29th 06, 03:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

On 28 Nov 2006 22:08:34 -0800, "Digi" wrote:

I am always building base line PCs for my clients and Asus is by far
the best. ie: All other brands at this level offer either front OR
rear audio...you can't have both going a the same time. I feel that
this type of quality bleeds up into the higher performance boards. I
have yet to get one Asus board back and I have seen multiple Gigabyte
and othe rtop brands come in to me. I would go for an Asus with all
the functionality that you are looking for.

Thanks for your reply, Mike. I used Asus boards for the last 4
computers that I've built so you don't have to convince me of their
usefulness. Any particular model you like for the Intel Core 2s?
I've been using AMD for the past few years and don't have much
knowledge of the Intels yet... Thanks again.

Old December 2nd 06, 05:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Douglas W. Ball, L.Ac.

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:07:00 -0800, BuffaloBillBrunson
wrote:

Just built gaming machine for my kid, used asus p5b and e6600
chip, 2 gigs of ram with ati x1900 256mg , this runs rock solid
with any game he's tried with all game video at highest resolution.
tried medieval 2 total war and battles are smooth. Now if I can
just find the money to buy me a new machine :-) already promised
other son he'd get new one when he is ready so it may be a while.

Thanks for the input. I don't think I could use that board for
Crossfire though... That's one of my main requirements in the new
board.
Old December 2nd 06, 06:35 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Digi

I'm glad I can be of some help to you. Recently I have headed more
towards Intel. I have seen a few AMDs hit the rocks lately. I am not
up to date wih the different chips out there right now so i can't help
you in that area. I personally have an AMD but it almost seems like
software is built more around Intel based systems. I don't know if it
is still the case, but the AMDs are known to run hotter. That tells me
that they are less efficient and less stable in the long run. Here are
some good sites to check out to find out all about the new CPUs, as
well as other hardwa

http://www.tomshardware.com/
http://www.anandtech.com/
http://www.hardocp.com/

The way I like to look at the whole AMD vs. Intel subject is that,
nomatter which one I find one is better than the other, the fight
between the two companies promotes healthy competition and the consumer
wins in the end. As far as a board for whichever chip you go with, I
would just go with an Asus board that has all the functionality that
you need ie. video/audio/ethernet/memory type/SATA RAID, # of USB
ports, etc....

Old December 3rd 06, 12:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
VanShania

Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard won "Best of the Best" in Maximum PC December
issue mag. Its expensive though.

--
Love and Teach, Not Yell and Beat
Stop Violence and Child Abuse.

A64 3500+, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939,AIW 9800 Pro 128mb
MSI 550 Pro, X-Fi, Pioneer 110D, 111D
Antec 550 watt,Thermaltake Lanfire,2 Gb OCZ Platinum 2-3-2-5
2XSATA 320gb Raid Edition, PATA 120Gb
XP MCE2005, 19in Viewsonic,BenchMark 2001 SE- 19074
Games I'm Playing- Falcon 4, winSPWW2, winSPMBT, Call of Duty War Chest

Old December 3rd 06, 01:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Dave

"VanShania" wrote in message
Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard won "Best of the Best" in Maximum PC
December issue mag. Its expensive though.

CRAP usually is