158.22 WHQL drivers

Old May 20th 07, 01:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don Burnette

Default 158.22 WHQL drivers

For whatever reason, in FSX, I have to set my AA to " enhance the
application setting" in the drivers, and check it on in the sim, to get it
to work. If I set it to override, then all my pop up menus get stuck behind
the 3d screen. Don't know if that is a driver issue or an FSX issue.

--
Don

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Just a note on those new drivers.
FS9 here was running perfectly with no ragged edges in the graphics with
the 97xx drivers set up on the card for AAx4 and AFx8 and both selected
off in the sim which I have always used in FS9 for driver settings.
With the new driver, I tried a flight without changing anything and got
very bad jaggies. I closed the sim, turned AA off on the driver and went
to ap controlled and left the AF set at 8 on the driver and all was clear
as a bell again.
Dudley Henriques

"Don Burnette" wrote in message
Lol, not really, but I do spend too much time on it.

--
Don

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Thanks Don. I'll install them and take a shot.
I swear...my wife says you're as bad as me. You must be LIVING on that
computer :-))))
Dudley

"Don Burnette" wrote in message
news Hey Dudley,

Yes, I saw some improvement going from the 97.94's to the 158.22's.
Both in my 3d mark 05 score, and in FSX.

--
Don

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Don;
Have you noticed any improvement at all with the 158.22's from BFG for
your 8800GTS?
I'm using 97.94 and they are stable as can be. Just downloaded and
installed the April DirectX 9c runtime for my XP installation and it's
running fine. Debating whether or not to try the new driver. What say
you?
Dudley Henriques

"Don Burnette" wrote in message

"Access" wrote in message
Hi,

I downloaded the 158.22 WHQL certified drivers for Windows XP
(http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_158.22.html), but when I try
to install them, there is still a warning that they are not Windows
certified. Dxdiag also lists them as non-certified. Anyone else
having the same problem ? I removed the previous drivers before the
installation.

I had the same thing, I installed the same drivers but downloaded
from the BFG website, they were listed as WHQL certified, but I got
the same warning when installing.

--
Don

Old May 20th 07, 04:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Don Burnette wrote:
For whatever reason, in FSX, I have to set my AA to " enhance the
application setting" in the drivers, and check it on in the sim, to get it
to work. If I set it to override, then all my pop up menus get stuck behind
the 3d screen. Don't know if that is a driver issue or an FSX issue.

You are correct in that it is a Flight Sim rendering issue.

If you use nhancer, there is a special compatibility switch and
instructions on how best to manage FSAA in FS9 and FSX. Recommended.

What you are doing to get it to work is the correct work around for the
bug, props to you! Get it? Props....whatever.
Old May 20th 07, 06:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Roger (K8RI)

On Sat, 19 May 2007 16:31:10 -0400, "Dudley Henriques"
wrote:

Don;
Have you noticed any improvement at all with the 158.22's from BFG for your
8800GTS?

I've run into a strange one. At first I thought it was the USB mouse
hook up and appeared to be so, but after I thought I had the problem
cured it came back. Yes, I have 158.22 version of the drivers for the
BFG 8800 GTS. Unfortunately I have not reached the point of installing
FSX on that machine yet.

What happens; the system boots up fine and the mouse pointer works
OK, but the "mouse over" function fails. IOW the "buttons" do not
highlight when the pointer moves over them, nor can I click on them.
The strange part: IF I bring up "task manager" and click any where
on that window to highlight it, the pointer starts working. It's as if
the pointer is moving on one window but active on another. The system
is dual boot and I have the problem in both XP64 Pro and XP Pro. I
have the latest BIOS update and the new drivers for the 8800. The
problem was present with the old drivers too.

It's more of a nuisance than a problem, but it makes me nervous when
something doesn't work quite right.

Next step which I really don't want to do is swap the video cards
between this computer and that one. Both machines are dual boot with
XP and XP64 which will most likely mean a "repair" for all 4 operating
systems...but I *might* get lucky. OTOH it would give me a chance to
directly compare the X1950XT against the 8800GTS in this one and see
how much the system is really CPU bound.

Old May 20th 07, 09:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Driver-forced AA settings have a long story behind them and the story isn't
finished. As such, the behavior of the settings in the control panel may be
tweaked and altered with each new driver release:
http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2947

Old May 20th 07, 09:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don Burnette

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
. ..
Don Burnette wrote:
For whatever reason, in FSX, I have to set my AA to " enhance the
application setting" in the drivers, and check it on in the sim, to get
it to work. If I set it to override, then all my pop up menus get stuck
behind the 3d screen. Don't know if that is a driver issue or an FSX
issue.

You are correct in that it is a Flight Sim rendering issue.

If you use nhancer, there is a special compatibility switch and
instructions on how best to manage FSAA in FS9 and FSX. Recommended.

What you are doing to get it to work is the correct work around for the
bug, props to you! Get it? Props....whatever.

Thanks for that Mr.E, have downloaded and will check Nhancer out.

--
Don