psu help!!

Old February 10th 05, 05:52 PM
Veritech

amazon sell psu's, where the hell have i been, lol

"Derek Baker" wrote in message
"Veritech" wrote in message
Building a new system
3000+ athlon64
512 ddr400
9600pro
DVD+/-RW
160gb hdd sata
cold cathodes etc

building it with a abit NF8, which requires a ATX 2.0 psu, any
recommendations, i know everyone says trusted brand names are the best,

but
i need cheap(not more than £50) and cheerful(420w should do).

Thanks

Close on price:

Derek

Old February 10th 05, 05:54 PM
Derek Baker

"Veritech" wrote in message
Building a new system
3000+ athlon64
512 ddr400
9600pro
DVD+/-RW
160gb hdd sata
cold cathodes etc

building it with a abit NF8, which requires a ATX 2.0 psu, any
recommendations, i know everyone says trusted brand names are the best,

but
i need cheap(not more than £50) and cheerful(420w should do).

Thanks

Close on price:

Derek

It's where I got my Tru 550 last year.

--
Derek

Old February 11th 05, 12:06 AM
dawg

Hmm.Looking under specifications on Q-Tec's website I can't find any for any
of their PS's!!No mention of Amps per line,nothing.

"Der Steppenwolf" wrote in message
Sticky Wullie wrote:
"Veritech" wrote in message

Building a new system
3000+ athlon64
512 ddr400
9600pro
DVD+/-RW
160gb hdd sata
cold cathodes etc

building it with a abit NF8, which requires a ATX 2.0 psu, any
recommendations, i know everyone says trusted brand names are the

best,
but i need cheap(not more than £50) and cheerful(420w should do).

Thanks
--
"Blu-Ray"
2600+Sempron (O/C @2.046Ghz)

Just installed the 500w psu also helps cooling with the 120mm fan :-)

https://www.pcinc.co.uk/index.php?ma...ex&cPath=12_56
Don't be fooled with these "high power/no name" PSU. They are crap !

Most
of the time a good brand unit, say Antec true 380 will provide better
(more stable/less fluctuations)power while rated lower then say no name
450w or something. Good power is MORE then wattage number thats written
on sticker.

I would say qtec products are good , even Maplins Electronics sell them.

check them out here.
http://qtec.info/products/group.htm?...R-SUPPLY-UNITS

Old February 11th 05, 10:04 PM
Ed Light

"Ed Light" wrote in message
Maybe they have the Coolmax Taurus psu's over there?

Just received one in the mail -- gosh what an instrument. The specs say it
runs at 90% power at 80C. Gee!

I have it running now and all is well.

I can visualize a situation where I'd like to speed it up more than it's
automatic mode and the high-speed setting might have noticeable sound. In
that case I'd open it up, keeping away from the lethal capcitors (?), and
run the fan wire out to a speed control.
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old February 11th 05, 10:08 PM
Ed Light

"Ed Light" wrote
Maybe they have the Coolmax Taurus psu's over there?

Just received one in the mail -- gosh what an instrument. The specs say
it runs at 90% power at 80C. Gee!

I have it running now and all is well.

PS It's running warmer than my Antec SL300. I'm surprised. May not be
super-efficient.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/