Overclocking advice required

Old January 24th 04, 09:52 AM
Hm

Default Overclocking advice required

I have an Athlon (Barton core) XP2800+ on a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2
board in a PC I have just built.

I discovered that the CPU was surprisingly unlocked so I have been
experimenting with overclocking. No problems with raising the
multiplier first to 13 and then to 13.5 to move to XP3200+.

However I also decided to try decreasing the multiplier to 11 and
increasing the FSB to 200 MHz since I have DDR400 3200 memory.
This seems to be even better because my benchmarks are higher
(presumably because of the fact that the memory is now running at
optimum speed.

My only problem is that even though I have specified in the BIOS that
the AGP slot should run at 66MHz, EasyTune tells me it is running at
80MHz. Is EasyTune likely to be accurate, and if so will this harm my
Hightech Excalabur Radeon 9600XT.

Any advice appreciated.

Harry

Old January 25th 04, 11:39 PM
Hm

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 11:59:16 -0600, Ed wrote:

Might want to try Nvidia's Utility, it reports AGP speed also.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility_1.0

Ed

Hi Ed,

Thanks for this. I have installed Nvidia's Utility and it reports the
AGP speed as being 66.818.

I guess I can rlelax again (assuming, that is, the NVidia utility is
reporting more accurately than Gigabyte's Utility).

Many thanks,

Harry