Looking for an old gateway 2000 case

Old October 8th 03, 02:07 AM
Chuck S

Default Looking for an old gateway 2000 case

Anyone have or know where I may be able to find an old gateway 2000 case. I
am starting to build my new computer for 2004 and I like those old Gateway
2000 case's cause there so roomy . I was thinking they would be great for my
new computer.

Old October 8th 03, 02:24 PM
JT

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 21:07:51 -0400, "Chuck S"
wrote:

Anyone have or know where I may be able to find an old gateway 2000 case. I
am starting to build my new computer for 2004 and I like those old Gateway
2000 case's cause there so roomy . I was thinking they would be great for my
new computer.

Old Gateway cases, of the roomy kind, were AT. New motherboards, etc. are
ATX. Would require a completely different power supply and much metal work
on the back because of the cutouts used on ATX to make it fit. Lots of
work. Probably not worth it.

Try any recycling center or thrift store and you will probably find some.

JT

PS. The ATX gateway cases I have found are not bad, but not roomier than
any good ATX case out there. Not like the old towers.
Old October 9th 03, 01:14 AM
philo

"Chuck S" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone have or know where I may be able to find an old gateway 2000 case.

am starting to build my new computer for 2004 and I like those old Gateway
2000 case's cause there so roomy . I was thinking they would be great for

my
new computer.

i have a machine built in one
those things are great...a really good looking case...
they turn up from time to time at used computer stores and resale shops...
the one i have was originally an EISA SCSI 486-33
i've upgraded it to an AMD-450