About Intel Celeron, Intel Centrino, Intel Pentium Mobile and Intel Pentium

Old January 4th 04, 09:20 PM
Chusqui22

Default About Intel Celeron, Intel Centrino, Intel Pentium Mobile and Intel Pentium

Hello!
I'm from spain, so sorry about my english. I'm going to buy a desktop
computer (I din't know if it is said DESKTOP o MOBILE COMPUTER). I don't
what kind of Intel I should buy.

The new powerful Intel Centrino has only 1'4 Ghz whereas the Pentium 4 has
3'06 Ghz. What kind of pentium do you recommend me to buy? I will use the
desktop for Photoshop.

Looking forward to yous answer!

Thank's

Old January 4th 04, 09:25 PM
Chusqui22

and what is the differences betwen those Intel?

Celeron,
Pentium IV,
Pentium III Mobile,
Centrino

Old January 4th 04, 09:31 PM
steve harris

Chusqui22 wrote:
Hello!
I'm from spain, so sorry about my english. I'm going to buy a desktop
computer (I din't know if it is said DESKTOP o MOBILE COMPUTER). I don't
what kind of Intel I should buy.

The new powerful Intel Centrino has only 1'4 Ghz whereas the Pentium 4 has
3'06 Ghz. What kind of pentium do you recommend me to buy? I will use the
desktop for Photoshop.

Looking forward to yous answer!

Thank's

lots to read about he
http://www.anandtech.com/

good and bad is reviewed and covered

Old January 6th 04, 12:34 AM
bill davidsen

In article ,
Chusqui22 wrote:
| and what is the differences betwen those Intel?
|
| Celeron,

In new systems that would be the Pentium-IV based version, in speeds of
up to 2.8GHz, this can be considered a Pentium-IV with smaller cache.
It's a good bit less expensive as well.

| Pentium IV,

Power hungry, fastest memory bus and clock. The latest 800MHz FSB
versions also offer hyperthreading, which allows the CPU to do two
things at once, which *may* speed overall performance 10-30%, depending
on the application.

| Pentium III Mobile,

This is the CPU used in the Centrino set, it's a Pentium-III with some
extra instructions. The Pentium-III runs much faster then the Pentium-IV
at a given clock speed, so a pentium-IIIM at 1.7GHz is about as fast as
a Pentium-IV at 2.2 or 2.4GHz. It's much lower power, and is a very good
choice in a battery operated system.

| Centrino

This is a chipset, CPU plus a WiFi chip. A sort-of good but not great
chip, using a slow wireless protocol. The upside is that it comes
included, and that the 802.11g protocol becoming common should speak to
the Centrino 802.11b so you will be able to use it in the future. Note
that I have NOT actually tried that compatibility, but it is supposed to
work.

That should help you find where you want to look next.

--
Bill Davidsen CTO, TMR Associates
this we should do freely and generously.

CPU info.- Celeron 2.4 vs Intel P4 Taishi Homebuilt PC's 19 April 14th 04 05:46 PM
CPU info.- Celeron 2.4 vs Intel P4 Taishi General 20 April 14th 04 06:12 AM
Celeron Centrino Yousuf Khan General 6 November 16th 03 04:41 AM
how does Intel Centrino compare with laptops with previous Pentium 4? Andrew Crook General 3 October 14th 03 11:25 AM
Is Celeron a bad choice for a notebook processor? John Dell Computers 11 September 23rd 03 02:38 AM