Old December 14th 04, 09:29 PM
Black Shuck

On 14/12/2004 20:38 hissing got up from the bar and shouted..:
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:20:07 +0000, Fat Freddy's Cat wrote:

Also, I believe ebuyer do use overnight all the time and 'hold' the
goods as described by Stuart - I don't find that a problem as long as
they arrive when they should.

I don't know for sure, but I vaguely remember reading this some time ago
on this very group and there was some explanation for doing so.

My guessing is that if you book all the overnight deliveries a week in
advance then the courier knows how much they have to ship and it lowers
their costs accordingly (i.e. they know to send either a small van or 20
large lorries) as they don't get any surprises on the day.

Top tip, this time of year (i,e, busy) it's best to order super saver,
as chances are they want the warehouse space, and upgrade it FOC to nect
day... Or hold it for a while and then send it..

--
"This dog don't give a feck..."