Old November 22nd 15, 01:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Charlie Hoffpauir

Default UX302L: Keeping Battery at 50% ?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 18:53:13 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Recently read some credible comments to the effect that Li batteries
last longer if kept at 50% rather than 100%.

My UX302L rarely goes off of AC and when it does it usually needs to
last less than an hour on battery power.

So....

Is there anything I can run that will tell Asus' battery manager to keep
the battery at 50% instead of 100% ?

Or am I getting spun up over a non-issue ?

It's probably an issue. My Samsung laptop has an option to stop
charging at 80 %. There's no option to set another limit, it's just
80% or let it go to 100. but they state that it's for longer battery
life if you limit it to 80%.