Old July 18th 04, 05:15 AM
Ray Mitchell

Default Need motherboard recommendation

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased an Intel D865PERLL motherboard because I had heard they
made the most reliable and compatible boards on the market (but definitely
not the fastest!). However, to my surprise I have found that they do not
support drives over 137GB, even on the SATA-150 channels (unless I'm missing
something). So, I will return it.

I would like some recommendations from people based upon their experiences
if you don't mind. I'm not a gamer and the most important consideration is
stability and compatibility rather than blinding speed and tweakability. I
already have an Intel P4 2.8C processor, 2ea. 512MB matched DDR-400s, and a
WD 200GB SATA-150 HD. The following are my requirements, which I believe
are fairly standard:

1. Intel chipset - 865 or later
2. 800MHz FSB
3. Dual channel DDR-400
4. BIOS support for 200MB/250MB SATA and ATA drives
5. 5ea PCI slots
6. 1ea 4X-8X AGP slot
7. On board LAN and USB

Of course, I would welcome additional on board peripherals such as firewire
(but on board video is not a plus for me since I plan to use a separate
2-head nVidia AGP card and nVidia PCI video card for 3-monitor support).

Thanks for your help,
Ray Mitchell