Old July 30th 04, 03:51 PM
SmarSquid

I've been conditioned to believe that I can get better paging file
performance by placing it on a hard drive connected to a separate controller
from the system hard disk. That's why I put it in my system. Plus, the card
was a carryover from my old system, which had no onboard ATA133 support. I
stuck the CD-RW on that IDE controller just to see if it helped produce
different outcomes regarding the burning errors. The controller card may not
help at all in reality, but I don't think it's detrimental anyway.

"Matt" wrote in message
SmarSquid wrote:
moved the CD-RW from slave on the secondary onboard
IDE channel to master on the secondary IDE channel on the PCI controller
card.

Not clear why you are using an add-on IDE controller.