Old November 3rd 18, 09:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default dahm it took long SSD HP-M700

the drive was sitting in the mailbox when I mentioned waiting on
shipping earlier to ray

round and round getting the OS configured, drive format, solid binary
backup. once over for basic measurements

party time now

200G/s trx solid packed & undefragmented 2G large fat32 files

pretty crappy for fragmented small files and lots of them - close to
platter speeds is the 'looks to be' quick impression

nothing unexpected though - sites w/ performance ratings already said
as much

could be the 200G/s may be faster than both my much older MLC drives,
maybe 50G/s faster

sent off to china for two newer SATA 3 cables - appears they're paired
transport wires, ver 2 and 1 don't have. Interesting if that affects,
helps w/ legacy speeds.

Or not. I only paid .50cents a 'take what you get' cable.

So much for the cake - the icing is it's a new SSD in MLC flavor for
$35, which is current TLC prices, except at x2 the TBW ratings more
than TLC. Budget TLC drives, that is. Samsung or Crucial 256G drives
don't come in $35 flavors.

And nevermind the DRAM buffering, the M700 lacks, either, if it's not
going to be churning over a bunch of small files - not especially in
theory. File transfers are for living with or getting used to it.

I've already used up my used-to, anyway, for my money being on extra
low money for unusual MLC longevity. It's installed, does what disc
drives say they do, works, so it must thus and therefore be a done
deal.