Old January 28th 15, 12:42 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
[email protected]

Default Transcendental floating point functions are now unfixably broken on Intel processors

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 14:11:51 -0500, Yousuf Khan
wrote:

On 24/01/2015 5:43 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 13:44:23 -0500, Yousuf Khan
wrote:
These days there are other newsgroups that are more active on the PC
front, such as:

alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

You guys should check it out, add it to your newsgroup list.

The last PC I built was an original Opteron, if that tells you
anything. ;-)

Well, if I trace back my current desktop, it can be trace it all of the
way back to my first ever 8088 PC-XT clone. It's been upgraded
continuously ever since, component by component.

The difference is that my Opteron system has never been upgraded. It
holds down the floor just as well as it did 12 years ago. It uses a
lot less power, these days, though.