Old June 29th 15, 10:14 PM posted to alt.audio,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
TTman

Default Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro Soundblaster 7.1 stops working afterrecent windows 7 update.

On 29/06/2015 22:02, Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

Today 29 june 2015 after installing Microsoft Windows 7 updates the
Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro Soundblaster 7.1 stopped working. (No more
sound, no more audio devices available for console launcher, software
for soundblaster).

The update process went as follows: I accidently clicked install, I did
not want to install IE9 so I cancelled the updates. I deselected IE9
because it malfunctions on my system.

Then I proceeded as normal with installing updates, it seemed to
download them normally and installed them normally.

SNIP
You should check that that OLD soundblaster 7.1 is actually supported by
WIN7. A lot of old stuff isn't worth the effort of writing new drivers,
i.e. my HP1010 laser printer

---