Old April 13th 07, 05:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Grant Edwards

Default Recommendation requested for 6200 AGP graphics card

On 2007-04-12, wrote:

I am thinking of buying a 6200 AGP graphics card to replace my
integrated graphics (845G). I do not play games but do want high
quality video for office type applications and photo editing. I want
to drive a TFT monitor at 1680x1050 resolution (using DVI).

I am considering:

a) Asus Geforce 6200 128MB DVI-D 1 X Vga Tv-out AGP
b) XFX GeForce 6200A 256MB DDR2 AGP8x DVI

Are these both good?

I just installed the XFX 6200A 256MB card this evening ($65
from tigerdirect). It's driving a 1600x1200 LCD on the DVI
connector and a 1152x854 CRT on the VGA connector. Everything
looks great and it's running cool as a cucumber.

I just pulled up some photos, and they look amazing at
1600x1200.

Right now the CRT is display 0, and the LCD is display 1. It's
not a big deal, but I want that to be reversed and haven't
figured how to do so (I'll have to do a bit of googling
tomorrow).

I want the card to recover correctly from S3 Hibernate. Am I
likely to find a problem there?

Dunno. I'm guessing "S3 Hibernate" is a Microsoftism, and I'm
running Linux. Besides which, the machine in question is on
24/7.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! .. I'll make you
at an ASHTRAY!!