Old April 13th 06, 04:23 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default Where do I stang legaly with faulty goods I hve?

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:44:34 GMT, "Mikey" wrote:

I purchased a Pocket PC (Mio-168) Online.

Used my credit card

I have had the item under 2 weeks and it is starting to play up.

I contacted the vendor and they said that under their T&C after 14days I
have to send it back to the manufacturer.

I'm pretty sure this is not the case, as I have my statuary rights (1YR From
the seller)

Could someone confirm where I stand.

With Thanks

Mike

Legally, it is entirely the retailer's responsibility. Occasionally,
and particularly with physically large items, it can be faster to deal
with the manufacturer. That doesn't apply in your case - your retailer
should do a straight swap for your faulty one and cover his
out-of-pocket costs with *his* supplier.

Regards,
vj