Old April 12th 06, 05:04 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default Where do I stang legaly with faulty goods I hve?

"Mikey" wrote in message
I purchased a Pocket PC (Mio-168) Online.

Used my credit card

I have had the item under 2 weeks and it is starting to play up.

I contacted the vendor and they said that under their T&C after 14days I
have to send it back to the manufacturer.

I'm pretty sure this is not the case, as I have my statuary rights (1YR
From the seller)

Could someone confirm where I stand.

With Thanks

Mike

Under the sale of goods act your contract is with the seller (retailer), not
the manufacturer (see
http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/fa...legoodsact.htm Q6). I had a
similar problem with a product I bought that went defective within 30 days.
I took advice from trading standards online
http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/ and they sent me two draft letters, one to
send to the seller and one to send to my credit card company.

The vendors terms and conditions cannot over ride the sale of goods act. It
is worth bringing this to the attention of trading standards.

Main contents of the letter was basically giving them 14 days to replace,
repair or refund else the matter would be pursued through the small claims
court (send to seller recorded delivery).

I had a replacement couriered to me and the defective one collected within 7
days.

The seller I had a problem with was BT Shops who I don't mind naming and
shaming because their attitude was abysmal and I will never have anything to
do with them again.