Old April 22nd 19, 12:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Major upgrade

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 13:26:43 -0500, Rene Lamontagne
wrote:

which I built in 2010.

-

Also did mine, about the same age, after lightning knocked it out. Hit
the pole-pig in my backyard, through the modem, looking to have taken
just the modem and MB, or leaving everything else salvageable intact.

New AM3+ MB, some Black Mamba PV34G160C0 memory for $26, and (three)
CPUs. After the AMD octal, I liked the MB so much I sent off for
another, did the same update to both computers (circa 2010 builds),
and bought two CPU pulls: one from Singapore after another domestic.
Settled for octal and a Singapore quad Fx, with both running close
enough to a stock 4.0Ghz.

$250/US and change to rebuild two systems.

Discounting the FX octal, which on a whim I bought retail after the
great plunge, shock and awe, naturally resulting from Ryzen
technology.