Old August 9th 18, 11:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Roger Blake[_2_]

Default "Why I Will Never Buy a Hard Drive Again"

On 2018-08-09, Ant wrote:
Still expensive to me.

The current SSD sweet spot for price seems to be 500GB size. Larger than
that and price goes up quickly.

My main desktop system has 500GB SSD and several TB of mechanical
storage. I also have several laptops upgraded to smallish SSDs.

Yeah, I will wait again.

7200 RPM mechanical drives aren't too bad, and there are hybrid drives
available that get a boost from some onboard flash storage. A lot of
new PCs come with dog-slow 5400 RPM drives though and those are real
frustrating to work with.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org