Old February 14th 11, 02:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bill[_15_]

Default Bios settings / adding 2nd HD to a T3500

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:08:26 +1100, Brian K wrote:

Bill,

As a test, try "raid autodetect / ahci". If your OS doesn't boot you can
change it back.

Thanks Brian.

I spoke to a supurb individual with dell support this afternoon. He
said that the "raid on" setting is normal. So I went ahead and enabled
the sata 1 drive in bios, and I can access the drive.

He made the same suggestion as you: try the autodetect / ahci setting,
and confirmed that if a setting didn't work that I can just set it back
without worrying about having to reinstall the OS.

I did try autodetect / ahci, but windows would not finish loading. The
"new" sata drive is actually an older drive from another system. I
changed the bios setting back -and all is well. If time permits, I'll
try the autodetect / ata setting tomorrow.
Bill
--
Email address is a Spam trap.