Old December 22nd 03, 09:52 PM
DEJ57

Press CTL-A during POST to get into the SCSI
BIOS. With the SCSI BIOS disabled SCSI devices on the controller will
work, but You may not be able to boot from them.

Could be! I started using the card in 1996, with WIN95a, and got the
impression the BIOS had to be enabled for it to work, period. If I had a SCSI
device conflict or if the controller conflicted with something, my rememberance
is the BIOS would not load, and the card and devices were not available. So
over the years I've kept it at what I believe is the default, enabled. Never
tried to boot from any of the SCSI devices, so I've never considered that
perspective.
I may have to see if I can download the manual for the 2940 and review. Thanks
for the information! And as I make changes over the next few weeks I'll post
the results and test some different configurations.

I did email Adaptec and asked if the 2940 and its most current drivers would
work with WIN98se, but got no response, so looks like I get to roll the dice
and find out for myself.

Dale