Old May 16th 04, 02:32 AM
JMMach

Did your BIOS support the 40GB drive or did you have to install overlay
software like ONTRACK.
What I'm thinking is that you may need to install the overlay software
before seeing the contents of the HDD.
Be very careful when doing this or you may loose all the data.
TTFN
JMMach
Note: remove NOSPAM from the email address

"John F Kappler" wrote in message
I have a Seagate 40Gb Hard Drive that both Windows XP and 2000 are
refusing to recognise as other than a foreign disk.

It was in a 2000 system that went belly up, but it wasn't the C drive
(on which Windows itself was corrupted).

I know the drive is/was formatted as FAT32, and on one occasion one of
my systems happily recognised it but unfortunately on that occasion I
didn't have anywhere to copy all the files to. Since then they've all
taken to sulking...

I'm sure the data is all still on there, and I badly need some files
to continue my business.

Can anyone recommend a software package that might help me recover
these files?

TIA,

JohnK