Old January 28th 04, 01:11 PM
John F Kappler

Default Hard Disk Recovery Software

I have a Seagate 40Gb Hard Drive that both Windows XP and 2000 are
refusing to recognise as other than a foreign disk.

It was in a 2000 system that went belly up, but it wasn't the C drive
(on which Windows itself was corrupted).

I know the drive is/was formatted as FAT32, and on one occasion one of
my systems happily recognised it but unfortunately on that occasion I
didn't have anywhere to copy all the files to. Since then they've all
taken to sulking...

I'm sure the data is all still on there, and I badly need some files
to continue my business.

Can anyone recommend a software package that might help me recover
these files?

TIA,

JohnK