Old July 2nd 19, 10:44 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Grant Taylor

Default S.M.A.R.T. reports bad sectors, but badblocks no errors?

Now, after just one more run of badblocks, S.M.A.R.T. reports no errors.
So I assume that now a spare block is in use.

So, the disk likely did have a problem. But I'm guessing it has worked
around the problem.

Now the question becomes is the problem stable and not going to grow?
Or is the problem going to spread. Only time and monitoring will tell.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die