Old June 12th 06, 08:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default What Disk Contains Adobe Reader?

Dick wrote in
:

Here's more of the story. This is a friend's computer that I am
trying to help him with. I see now that the earlier version came from
copying files from his old computer. Here's what he said:...

... From stuff that transferred from my old PC, my computer thinks there
is a Version 6.0 there. I can't remove it using the normal 'Remove
Programs' function. I have removed all the 6.0 and 7.0 Acrobat
directories and removed the entries for them in the register...

I would re-install v6.0 of Adobe reader just so that you can remove it
using the normal add/remove utility.

This should straighten out the registry so you can install v7. I have
doubts that ALL of the relevant registry entries were removed. Being a
relational database, sometimes some of the indirect entries aren't real
obvious.

Or, use a registry cleaner like CleanSweep, QuickClean, etc.

- FM -