Old January 5th 08, 08:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
John Lewis

Default Intel vs AMD

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 18:39:22 GMT, "Mephisto"
wrote:

"SL91" wrote in message
This is the beginning of the end of AMD. They simply can not achieve intel
actual CPU's performance. They have almost the same problem with their GPU
(i.e. ATI vs Nvidia).

Best regards

Sid

Did you say it was the beginning of the end for Intel when AMD was the
performance king? Did you say Nvidia was done for when ATI held the
performance crown?

Not for long and they never made money from that achievement. When AMD
bought ATi, they bought a horribly-performing company barely eking out
a profit. AMD's stupid management and their combined egos got them
into this $2-3billion black hole, while Dave Orton laughs all the way
to the bank. If AMD had concentrated on their CPU-knitting instead of
squandering resources and now held hostage by the banks, they indeed
would have had a new range of CPUs handily competing with Intel. Not
that I really care, since I made a chunk of money selling AMD short
at the time the ATi acquisition was consummated. It was obvious that
ATi was going to drag AMD down.

John Lewis